We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 108 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

Re: We know you ride, but do you Shoot?

Rocker Guy - don't know what your budget is - and I know you said double stack - but - Marstar is selling the Norinco 1911 for $400. I like 1911's too and have a couple of nice ones (not Les Baer nice) and I was never able to bring myself to buy a Chinese made piece. It's impossible to get more bang for your buck, though.
Forged steel frame, adj. rear sight, full length guide rod, ambi safety, oversize mag release button. The fit and finish are much better than they were a few years ago - still not where the US stuff is, but at way less tha half the price - you can do a bit of "finishing" yourself. I spent a few hours on mine and I'm pleased with how it looks and functions. Got the tricgger breaking clean at 3.5 lbs - I can live with that.

Dark international has a double stack norinco 1911. I need to go out his way & get a feel of it. They say it has a wide grip, but so do Sigs. Normally I like to get a feel of the guns before I buy them.

I have 2 Norc 1911's in 45acp.

Wilson combat springs throughout both.

I have had 0 failures or stoppages of any kind in both with almost 5000rds combined through them.

Fit and finish is not show quality, but I like to run my guns, not stare at them and keep them pretty.

...plus I don't feel so bad when I scratch them putting the slide lock back in after reassembling :D

Dark international has a double stack norinco 1911. I need to go out his way & get a feel of it. They say it has a wide grip, but so do Sigs. Normally I like to get a feel of the guns before I buy them.

All double stack anything, in .45, have a bit wider grip - not a problem, unless you have short fingers.

miggs - use the flat side of a small screwdriver to depress the retaining pin - and the slide release will push straight in. - - - no idiot scratch.

Check out the darknet markets, lots of cool things to shoot.
Not that I know or anything ;)

miggs - use the flat side of a small screwdriver to depress the retaining pin - and the slide release will push straight in. - - - no idiot scratch.

Oh it's too late for that for 3 of them.
#4 has been lucky thus far :D

Norinco 1911-A1 is a decent very, very economical pistol. Picked one up used for $300 all in. Great shooter.

I like my 1911.....

P1040854.jpg

Any of you guys bowhunt? I'm getting into it. I've been practicing at a local range with rental recurve equipment, but I'll be buying my first compound in the next week or two. I've researched what bow I want, and I'm ready to buy now, but with boxing day just over a week away, I want to see what's in the basspro flyer before I pull the trigger so to speak.

Problem is we can't even stop while carrying restricteds.

Sure you can... EVERYONE does.
Despite what some, mostly newer shooters think... It's not unreasonable to stop for gas/food/a pee while travelling with your restricted firearm(s).
I'm travelling to a match in Sudbury... 'You think I'm expected to do that trip non-stop?
I'm travelling to a match in Burlington... I'm low on fuel and dying for a coffee... I'm stopping.

Any of you guys bowhunt? I'm getting into it. I've been practicing at a local range with rental recurve equipment, but I'll be buying my first compound in the next week or two. I've researched what bow I want, and I'm ready to buy now, but with boxing day just over a week away, I want to see what's in the basspro flyer before I pull the trigger so to speak.
Compound bow :thumbup: Fred Bear Pursuit, is very nice, very deadly, shoots really far :/ be carful of that, I bought mine used for target & self defence only

but I am a very good live trapper :D what would you like porcupine, beaver, blue heron, otter, muskrat, cougar ...

Yup, you can even overnight, especially if your going to matches down in the US....

Just remember you can’t be just driving around, you must have a destination, preferably to a range..

Sure you can... EVERYONE does.
Despite what some, mostly newer shooters think... It's not unreasonable to stop for gas/food/a pee while travelling with your restricted firearm(s).
I'm travelling to a match in Sudbury... 'You think I'm expected to do that trip non-stop?
I'm travelling to a match in Burlington... I'm low on fuel and dying for a coffee... I'm stopping.

I hear through thegunblog.ca that C-71 might not pass before the election. Boo hoo. That means you remain ATT free for awhile I guess, unless the Conservatives win, then we can breathe a sigh of relief.

I hear through thegunblog.ca that C-71 might not pass before the election. Boo hoo. That means you remain ATT free for awhile I guess, unless the Conservatives win, then we can breathe a sigh of relief.

Your "ATT" is virtual... It's attached to or a standard condition of a valid RPAL.

The older ATT system was completely redundant and served no real purpose yet CFO's still went through the effort to admin. the things...
I mean really... for 99% of the RPAL holders out there their stated purpose for owning a restricted firearm was for target shooting. The only place one can leagallu use a restricted firearm is on/at an approved range so... By virtue of simply having a valid RPAL you'd think it would imply/mean you can take your restricted firearm to the ONLY place you can use it, but Noooo.
'You have to get another permit to authorize the actual execution of the activity you're already licensed for... Lol

Compound bow :thumbup: Fred Bear Pursuit, is very nice, very deadly, shoots really far :/ be carful of that, I bought mine used for target & self defence only

but I am a very good live trapper :D what would you like porcupine, beaver, blue heron, otter, muskrat, cougar ...

Bear makes some nice bows, but I'm getting the Diamond Edge SB-1 by Bowtech. It seems to be the best entry level bow, and with fairly decent accuracy and 320fps, it'll be a good tie over until I can justify a Hoyt or Matthews bow. I don't really see a bow as a self defense weapon, it's no good for close combat and if somebody is a threat at range, you're probably going to take a bullet before you can draw anyway.

Is there a reasonable scope that has parallax adjustment so I can use it from 25-50y up to say 200y (probably mostly at 100)? By reasonable I mean under $500 and decent optics. Well under would be nice but apparently you should get the best glass you can afford from what I’ve been told. It’s for a precision Rimfire but I’m not sure I really care for calibrated (for .22) bullet drop reticles, I’m assuming I can calculate bd using a ballistics computer and any bd reticle?

Last edited:
'Little pew pew from the weekend... 'Nobody need freak out on the mag. cap.
Match was in Michigan... Perfectly legal.

'Little pew pew from the weekend... 'Nobody need freak out on the mag. cap.
Match was in Michigan... Perfectly legal.

How do you get started with IPSC here in Ontario? Talking very first steps (after club membership and elementary handgun familiarity).

Also...can you use a 9mm NR carbine for the rifle portions of it or do the ranges get too much for 9mm? Something like the NR extended barrel scorpion, beretta storm or Kris Vector?

I’m thrifty when it comes to ammo and that other stuff is spendy.

Also...can you use a 9mm NR carbine for the rifle portions of it or do the ranges get too much for 9mm? Something like the NR extended barrel scorpion, beretta storm or Kris Vector?

I’m thrifty when it comes to ammo and that other stuff is spendy.

If your adverse to spendy... dont bother getting into shooting.the only way to get better is to shoot/practice... That takes ammo. Most guys roll their own.
Ipsc doesnt mix platforms. . You're either shooting a pistol, rifle, PCC or shotgun... and within some of those there are "divisions" and power factor to consider...
You really need to read the rules to get it straight....
That vid was of a USPSA style "outlaw" match...
I wouldnt recommend any of the guns you mentioned...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom