We have eachother's backs. | GTAMotorcycle.com

We have eachother's backs.

omnivore

Site Supporter
Almost 2 weeks ago, in the curb lane, driving my van (15 passenger 1 ton Chev = 8500 lbs big) home from work. I am travelling at the speed limit on a fairly congested street in Brantford. It's King George Rd, easily the busiest part of town, with 2 lanes of travel in each direction.
As an active traffic scanner, I quickly note a Repsol painted Honda CBR slowly approaching me from behind in the next lane, maybe going 5 kmh faster than I am
As he gets right next to me, I look the bike and rider over. Nice red Shoei helmet, Icon jacket, Sidi boots, gauntlet gloves with armour, jeans.....what I'd consider safely dressed, and doing nothing aggressive.....no squid here. I took special note of the rider because I was kinda surprised I didn't even get a nod out of him as my van has stickers on the rear glass that make an obvious indication that I ride.
Directly behind him is a black AMG Mercedes ML type SUV.....right behind the rider's back wheel...inches, and accelerating, then backing off then accelerating again, as if to try to intimidate the rider into speeding up or moving for the SUV...... The rider is in his blocking position, about a foot to 18" left of the broken line seperating his lane from mine, when suddenly the SUV floors it, and screams up beside the bike in his own lane, just inches from the rider's left arm. The rider, obviously upset, honks and waves his fist as this all unfolds right in front of me......the SUV then cuts back in front of the bike, forcing the rider into my lane right in front of my van. The rider honks again, but the SUV just sped up and weaves away thru traffic aggressively. A few lights later, I see the SUV stopped behind another car in a line of traffic in the curb lane, with the bike near the back of the line...., so I signal, lane change, go around the line of cars and the SUV, then cut him off and nose my van right into the curb at a dead stop forcing the SUV to halt. I put on my 4 ways, hop out, and gave the frightened driver a piece of my mind. After asking the driver if he'd like to step out of his fancy car, he rolls the window down a mere inch........So I go on explaining that if he wants to try to use some weight and muscle of his car to intimidate smaller vehicles, I can park twice the size of vehicle on top of his $100K car if he'd like, and that the whole lane belongs to a motorcycle....this isn't India and we have rules for people's safety, including motorcyclists. I told him that type of behaviour in a car may end up as a fender bender, but with a bike it can end someone's life! By now the rider had caught back up and is also beside us......Traffic has stopped behind us, on a beautiful Friday afternoon around 5-6 pm...LOL. There are a pile of other motorists watching this piece of **** cager get what's coming to him from both the biker and I . He then repeatedly says "Sorry Sorry Sorry!" thru his window after I told him I had better not see him try that crap to a biker again. The rider thanks me, and rides off on his merry way.......As I hopped back into my van and went home.

Last edited:
Woot woot :) Nice work.

-Jamie M.

Good job. Although I doubt that will stop that driver from driving the way he did in the future.

Nice. Should have called in the plate to boot.

Good job sir for sticking up for a fellow rider.

Similar situation happened a couple times at HardRock downtown where cars were intimidating bikes while the riders were parking. You have the posers who stood by and did nothing.

Sometimes all it takes is just someone to point out the obvious. It's not that one has to go all aggressive and drop the f-bomb to get the point across.

Good job Omnivore. i hope you scared him just a bit, hopefully a lot. Drivers need to know that little stunts like that when done to a motorcycle can have serious repercussions for the rider.

Good job sir for sticking up for a fellow rider.

Similar situation happened a couple times at HardRock downtown where cars were intimidating bikes while the riders were parking. You have the posers who stood by and did nothing.

Sometimes all it takes is just someone to point out the obvious. It's not that one has to go all aggressive and drop the f-bomb to get the point across.

What would you expect them to do?? They're called posers for a reason, its like asking the preppy kids to have your back in a school yard scuffle. Posing, drinking Timmies and running their mouths is all they're good for...

Beautiful story. Thank you.

EDIT: He was middle Eastern wasn't he? Gf had something like this happen to her in Markham, the driver didn't understand why she was ****ing ******.

油井緋色;2000167 said:
Beautiful story. Thank you.

EDIT: He was middle Eastern wasn't he? Gf had something like this happen to her in Markham, the driver didn't understand why she was ****ing ******.

In fact he was.......I have watched traffic videos from that part of the world. Their traffic mayhem may have something to do with the nonchalance I see with less than safe driving practises in some people from other cultures. I am not talking about driving slow in a passing lane or forgetting to signal...I am talking about extremely dangerous driving, done like it was nothing at all.

Thing is, if a biker was being an jackoff in traffic, surely cagers would do something about it, or call the cops on him....yet when a cager does it to a biker, nothing ever seems to get done. So I decided to see to it.

Last edited:
Good to read this ended well and hopefully one more educated driver on motorcycle awareness.

Back
Top Bottom