We had the talk....... | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We had the talk.......

This is a great strategy to put into action next summer. Thanks.

It really is. I'll add intermittent fasting if your mind and body are up for it to maximize hours on the road.
I wake up before dawn, wolf down a huge breakfast (last night's dinner), empty the body's black water holding tanks, and can ride nonstop until 6pm with nothing but gas/water/pee breaks. I love lunch as much as the next person, but that easily doubles the "cost of doing business" for a ride. I went on less than 3 all-day rides last year, only 1 group ride--most of the time back home by noon for family time.

It really is. I'll add intermittent fasting if your mind and body are up for it to maximize hours on the road.
I wake up before dawn, wolf down a huge breakfast (last night's dinner), empty the body's black water holding tanks, and can ride nonstop until 6pm with nothing but gas/water/pee breaks. I love lunch as much as the next person, but that easily doubles the "cost of doing business" for a ride. I went on less than 3 all-day rides last year, only 1 group ride--most of the time back home by noon for family time.

This. I do the same, just instead a late dinner and skip breakfast/lunch, even at work 1 meal a day max, on the road I do carry some nuts/snacks (sugar free to avoid spikes) in case hunger strikes, some nights even gone no dinner, and just ate the next day, 1-3 days with no meals is no problem for me after 4yrs+ intermittent fasting. The hardest part is dealing with people who need 3 meals a day, its an odd concept for me now lol

This. I do the same, just instead a late dinner and skip breakfast/lunch, even at work 1 meal a day max, on the road I do carry some nuts/snacks (sugar free to avoid spikes) in case hunger strikes, some nights even gone no dinner, and just ate the next day, 1-3 days with no meals is no problem for me after 4yrs+ intermittent fasting. The hardest part is dealing with people who need 3 meals a day, its an odd concept for me now lol

Amen to that last part. The biggest "MC safety" reason to do IF is the lack of a "crash / food coma" after that big lunch. You know the feeling of being slightly off focus with droopy eyes and a strong desire for a nap? None of that when your body is not kicking your digestive system into high gear.

I do something similar when riding. Eat breakfast like normal. But while riding I just take snacks with me or I eat a very light lunch, soup or something. I don't want to be bogged down or droopy, but I also don't want to use up all my energy either and starve myself or become exhausted.

Amen to that last part. The biggest "MC safety" reason to do IF is the lack of a "crash / food coma" after that big lunch. You know the feeling of being slightly off focus with droopy eyes and a strong desire for a nap? None of that when your body is not kicking your digestive system into high gear.

I'm the complete opposite unfortunately. If I don't eat I get lethargic and lose focus.

I'm the complete opposite unfortunately. If I don't eat I get lethargic and lose focus.
You sound sort of like Smergy....
The man is an eating machine.
But, he doesn't get lethargic and lose focus, he becomes the definition of 6'3" musclebound HANGRY SASQUATCH.
Sorry Smergy... love ya like a brother, but it's the truth! ?

You sound sort of like Smergy....
The man is an eating machine.
But, he doesn't get lethargic and lose focus, he becomes the definition of 6'3" musclebound HANGRY SASQUATCH.
Sorry Smergy... love ya like a brother, but it's the truth! ?

LOL. I'm 6'3" as well and have a fast metabolism. So yes, I get hangry real quick in addition to the other symptoms.

Jeeeezzzz!!! I thought i was on a thread about sumthin totally different :unsure: .
Wasn't it about riding vs risk?/ being responsible to yer family, etc.

How did we get onto yer fuggin bowl movements & dietary details o_O .

Jeeeezzzz!!! I thought i was on a thread about sumthin totally different :unsure: .
Wasn't it about riding vs risk?/ being responsible to yer family, etc.

How did we get onto yer fuggin bowl movements & dietary details o_O .

The off season will do this to GTAM.

Back
Top Bottom