War of the hypernakeds | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

War of the hypernakeds

Oh haarrr, haaarrrr. That's so funny, & clever too :giggle: .

Still...you haven't addressed the point of my post. I didn't say all those things were bad. I questioned the idea of "character" in a bike that does most everything for you.
GP riders don't tell their mechanics "Great... it's fast as fugg, handles like it's on rails. But it doesn't have any "character".

I said every bike has character of some sort. You might find these bikes have character at 300 kph at the end of a GP track straightaway, late braking for the esses. Not so likely on the 401 between the on & off ramps though.

If you are all about improvement & performance, why not a bike with aerodynamic body work ?. Not your style ?.

Some one mentioned " state of the art electronics to make make them practical for the street". Translated that means rideable for people who don't have the location or the skill level to ride them to their full unbridled potential. Sorta like electronic training wheels :D.
Perhaps they will be totally autonomous one day. You'll look for the one with the most character of course.

I fully support everyone's right to spend large $$ on anything they want. I just think that it's a big expense just to be humiliated by guys with decade old sport bikes & more talent on the DVP. All sounds a bit posey to me :unsure: .

Alright then... get yer picture book out & look for another hilarious response. Maybe you have an app to do that for you. :whistle:
Humiliated on the DVP. /endlife

Ballsy new member isn't he?
Every once in awhile, i remember being a feisty young grasshopper once...those were the days!

Reactions: LBV
Every once in awhile, i remember being a feisty young grasshopper once...those were the days!
Except this one is "special" he just turned 65.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Oh haarrr, haaarrrr. That's so funny, & clever too :giggle: .

Still...you haven't addressed the point of my post. I didn't say all those things were bad. I questioned the idea of "character" in a bike that does most everything for you.
GP riders don't tell their mechanics "Great... it's fast as fugg, handles like it's on rails. But it doesn't have any "character".

I said every bike has character of some sort. You might find these bikes have character at 300 kph at the end of a GP track straightaway, late braking for the esses. Not so likely on the 401 between the on & off ramps though.

If you are all about improvement & performance, why not a bike with aerodynamic body work ?. Not your style ?.

Some one mentioned " state of the art electronics to make make them practical for the street". Translated that means rideable for people who don't have the location or the skill level to ride them to their full unbridled potential. Sorta like electronic training wheels :D.
Perhaps they will be totally autonomous one day. You'll look for the one with the most character of course.

I fully support everyone's right to spend large $$ on anything they want. I just think that it's a big expense just to be humiliated by guys with decade old sport bikes & more talent on the DVP. All sounds a bit posey to me :unsure: .

Alright then... get yer picture book out & look for another hilarious response. Maybe you have an app to do that for you. :whistle:
I don't think you understand what people mean by "character". Also modern bikes with electronic aids do not "do it for you", if they did I'd be reigning motogp champ with zero training.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"State of the art electronics to make them practical for the street" = to much performance for you to handle. Buy something to match your skill set & feel proud about your own ability . Or you could just be a fuggin' poser on a bike that you really aren't capable of riding

By this logic, 99% of us should be limited to 500cc touring bikes, because we aren’t Pro SBK riders.

As for electronics, MotoGP guys use them....

Riding around on a Panigale V4 and never exceeding the 100km/h speed limit doesn’t make you a poser. Just makes second gear useless!

I have the 17 Tuono 1100 and love it for the street. I guess I would define character as the sound and the look although the Tuono could use a little update in looks. I also have the 05 gsxr1000 which now is track only and I love it for that. The Ducati streetfighter 1098 was always one of my favorites when it was around and glad to see they brought it back with the V4. Ducati is a very sexy bike but I wouldn't want to own one due to the maintenance factor. I'm not a big fan of all the electronics. I'm a bit old school but if the traction control saves me once it will all be worth it. The wheelie control is definitely off lol.

Professional MotoGP riders are on the clock, they ride whatever they are told to ride. Is getting to the point where some geek in the pits can read the telemetry and remotely make adjustments to the riders bike on the fly.

By this logic, 99% of us should be limited to 500cc touring bikes, because we aren’t Pro SBK riders.

Riding around on a Panigale V4 and never exceeding the 100km/h speed limit doesn’t make you a poser. Just makes second gear useless!

I don't think they make 500cc touring bikes anymore, do they ??.

Just because you can buy a bike close to a full on competition track bike doesn't mean you need it, or that you can ride it.

As for electronics, MotoGP guys are riding in MOTO GPS !! You are not.

Riding around on a Panigale V4 & never exceeding the 100km/h speed limit does make you a poser. Just like buying a truck/suv & installing big wheels & tires & a lift kit & never leaving the pavement does.

Anyway... the subject was naked bikes. You are probably going to buy the one that you think looks the coolest & has the specs for bragging rights at Starbucks. Who cares ??.

My point was the BS about "character". Still no one has rebutted my comments about that.
Please explain to me all about the character you are looking for from bikes that will prevent you from spinning the rear, lifting the front, control your launch, assist braking & cornering traction, assist control in the rain, make your shifts all perfect, etc., etc.. Wipe yer arse & put you to bed

I'm still not saying these are bad functions to have. I just don't understand how you can talk about bikes that do all those things for you & claim that one has more character than the other.

Last edited:
Ok boomer ?
Hey the character about these bikes is they're badass and that's good enough reason for people to own em.

My point was the BS about "character". Still no one has rebutted my comments about that.
Please explain to me all about the character you are looking for from bikes that will prevent you from spinning the rear, lifting the front, control your launch, assist braking & cornering traction, assist control in the rain, make your shifts all perfect, etc., etc.. Wipe yer arse & put you to bed

I'm still not saying these are bad functions to have. I just don't understand how you can talk about bikes that do all those things for you & claim that one has more character than the other.
Your position in essence is that 'nannies' take away character? I suppose there is some merit to that, but it's certainly not everything.

I haven't met a soul who didn't put down the power on an FZ09 and/or bring up the wheel instantly and have a **** eating grin on their face when they got off the bike. Take that same person and give them the S1KR, Z900, etc and they would likely say they are damn good bikes, but the FZ just has something they don't. The engine note, the way it makes power, the way the power is reflected in how the bike responds, to me that's an example of character.

Back
Top Bottom