War of the hypernakeds | GTAMotorcycle.com

War of the hypernakeds

bigpoppa

I must be a slow old grandpa for finding the SV650s 70 hp more than enough

Why I'd love to own a S1000XR

2017-bmw-s-1000-xr-first-look-5-fast-facts-3.jpg

So innocent looking....175 HP

H2 powertrain in the naked version should be fairly easy to get to 230+ hp, the wind resistance at the speeds that thing will hit must be ridiculous oh and the power wheelies :LOL:

Kawi's got a new Z h2 coming out...

Apparently ducati is also working on a new V4 naked

and KTM plans on updating their superduke as well..

Leaked pictures reveal naked Kawasaki Z H2

according to the article z1000s 140 hp is considered modest now days

The current Tu0no's 1077cc 175HP 999cc RSV4-derived V4 is, er, plenty for the street. But if Ducat1 put their firebreathing V4 into a naked chassis I have to think Ap1lia would counter with a V4 more closely rated to the 1100 RSV4 (e.g. a 200HP Tu0no.)

I'm glad these bikes are coming with state of the art electronics to make them practical for the street but wonder where it will end. Reminds me of the ever-escalating HP numbers coming out of all car-makers today; they're making the "HP wars" of the 1960s look like childs-play, and those didn't end well with insurance and government regulation stepping in and putting a halt to the fun.

This will be my first time witnessing such a "war", I wasnt around for the previous busa wars between the manufacturers

Why I'd love to own a S1000XR

2017-bmw-s-1000-xr-first-look-5-fast-facts-3.jpg

So innocent looking....175 HP
My nephew rides one. He loves it. Surprised not more on the road. I never see them..

My nephew rides one. He loves it. Surprised not more on the road. I never see them..
It is great, but it's the same story as all inline 4 bmw, does everything well but no character.

It is great, but it's the same story as all inline 4 bmw, does everything well but no character.
Yup same with my FJR. Great bike but kind of an appliance but I'm ok with that.

This!

I test rode the BMW at Calabogie in June and I will never say it isn’t a rocket ship! It was quick, it was comfortable, handled decent....but you hit the nail on the head with the ‘no character’ description.
I ended up buying a Tuono V4 1100 and haven’t stopped smiling since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang in there until tomorrow. The H2SX (sport touring bike) is a little less expensive than the regular H2, and I'm guessing that this will be a little less than that. (FWIW from everything I've heard, the H2SX is a cracking good bike.)

Back
Top Bottom