Want to get back on two wheels after a 2-year break from riding... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Want to get back on two wheels after a 2-year break from riding...

Triple

Site Supporter
I took a 2-year break from riding to focus on my other interest, shooting.

I have the itch and can't take it anymore.

I have a modest budget of $8000. What are some good buys that you know of?

I am not really leaning in any direction, except I have no interest in big heavy cruisers, except V-rods and V-max's :)

I took a 2-year break from riding to focus on my other interest, shooting.

I have the itch and can't take it anymore.

I have a modest budget of $8000. What are some good buys that you know of?

I am not really leaning in any direction, except I have no interest in big heavy cruisers, except V-rods and V-max's :)

Get something to match your nickname...

Speed or Street Triple. :p Those are on my wish list, anyway...

$8k gives you a lot of options, consider looking state side, at that price range, the trip can be worthwhile. I bought an 08 CBR 1k for $6200 out of the US when people here were asking $10+, just a thought

Its hard to recommend a bike when you don't know its uses. Everyone will recommend their own, but that doesn't help you. What do you want to do with this bike? Fast bike for evening rides, touring, commuting, hitting gravels roads, chilling at Starbucks, etc.

Its hard to recommend a bike when you don't know its uses. Everyone will recommend their own, but that doesn't help you. What do you want to do with this bike? Fast bike for evening rides, touring, commuting, hitting gravels roads, chilling at Starbucks, etc.

:lmao:

I buy a bike to do whatever the fk I wanna do with it... including going to starbucks and tim hortons.

I want a fast, do-it-all machine that won't break my wrists or back on longer rides. I also want something I can enjoy looking at while I chill at Tim Horton's. I'm not a Starbucks kind of guy (unless there's plenty of hot women there). :)

Maybe something like an FJR1300. I love the looks of the machine, but thats subjective, some think its a bit plain.

Vfr 800!

I want a fast, do-it-all machine that won't break my wrists or back on longer rides. I also want something I can enjoy looking at while I chill at Tim Horton's. I'm not a Starbucks kind of guy (unless there's plenty of hot women there). :)

9d91b1aa-87ca-4a1b-9984-92f417c4918d_exec%20demo%20006.jpg

Is the 8 grand for everything or just the bike? That'll get you a Street Triple in the US, which would fit your needs exactly as you describe them. Next best thing might be a FZ6, which I happen to be selling for much less than 8G :D

This thread won't help you, only you can decide what you want. In other words what looks good? What's your definition of fast? What do you feel is comfortable?

If I had to make a suggestion based on what little you stated, I would say get a supersport and install a handlebar riser kit for 3 or 400 dollars.

I have an SV1000S with a handlebar kit on it that makes acceptable power. My friend has the VFR800fi with a handlebar kit as well. You could ride either all day long. Both fall well below your stated budget limits.

Have you considered combining riding and shooting? Kind of like modern day knight jousting.

This thread won't help you, only you can decide what you want. In other words what looks good? What's your definition of fast? What do you feel is comfortable?

If I had to make a suggestion based on what little you stated, I would say get a supersport and install a handlebar riser kit for 3 or 400 dollars.

I have an SV1000S with a handlebar kit on it that makes acceptable power. My friend has the VFR800fi with a handlebar kit as well. You could ride either all day long. Both fall well below your stated budget limits.

Have you considered combining riding and shooting? Kind of like modern day knight jousting.

Crossbow is where it's at.

Back
Top Bottom