VR Gaming | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

VR Gaming

Your brain likes predictability. I remember when I was a kid my “friend” said “bet you can’t ride a bike with your hands crossed over the bars“. He was right. That fall hurt.

Theres a rare side effect of some viral diseases (not COVID) where your eyes become unyoked. One eye can move independent of the other. Apparently it’s about as nauseating as you think it might be and a constant vomit session when your eyes are open.

The brain is malleable and rewireable though. I watched a documentary about an experiment where a guy wore glasses that turned his vision up-side down. He couldn't walk or navigate initially. But after a week of wearing those glasses, the brain rewired itself to "right-side" the upside-down image and he could function just as normally as he could before he put the glasses on.

Then he took the glasses off but his brain kept turning what his eyes saw upside-down all over again. Had to wait another week for the reset.

Fascinating stuff.

The brain is malleable and rewireable though. I watched a documentary about an experiment where a guy wore glasses that turned his vision up-side down. He couldn't walk or navigate initially. But after a week of wearing those glasses, the brain rewired itself to "right-side" the upside-down image and he could function just as normally as he could before he put the glasses on.

Then he took the glasses off but his brain kept turning what his eyes saw upside-down all over again. Had to wait another week for the reset.

Fascinating stuff.
Someone did the same thing with a bicycle with geared handlebars so the wheel turned the opposite way to the bars. You get the same thing during a week on a boat and a subsequent week on shore. Your brain doesn't know how to deal with things but then figures it out.

There's a VR place not too far from here. Took the kid and nephews there for a session and we had a blast.

Enough that my kid asked for it to be her Bday party, and it worked great (even for the 1-2 kids that didnt ever play video games before).

Would i get a full on VR set? Nah... but it's quite interesting to try here and there

You get the same thing during a week on a boat and a subsequent week on shore

Yep, I was blown away after our first cruise...I remember we stopped at a Target store on the way home and I suddenly could have swore that the entire big box store was gently swaying side to side.

It takes about 2 or 3 days for it to go away for me.

Back
Top Bottom