Vintage Festival 2021 at Mosport will have Spectators. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vintage Festival 2021 at Mosport will have Spectators.

GG FWIW we camp just shy of the hill at turn two then set up right at the top for watching. Bicycle good, plated toy better.

GG FWIW we camp just shy of the hill at turn two then set up right at the top for watching. Bicycle good, plated toy better.
Inside or outside of the track?

I'll bring a bicycle for the 6 yo. I'll run/scooter to try to keep up.

outside. have biked and walked the track. they let you on after racing - nothing motorized.

Not sure about a list. Forgot to mention a portable radio is good for tuning the announcer. (if you care to hear his chatter)

Not sure about a list. Forgot to mention a portable radio is good for tuning the announcer. (if you care to hear his chatter)
I don't have a portable radio that would be convenient for this. Don't care about announcer anyway. Not personally invested in the results anyway. Just having fun watching.

The fleet of old black bikes was awesome (Vincent's, Nortons???)

Edit:

The fleet of bikes were all Rudges. I'd never heard of them before and someone is flogging a whole team of them. Not fast compared to everything out there with them but still awesome.

Last edited:
I don't have a portable radio that would be convenient for this. Don't care about announcer anyway. Not personally invested in the results anyway. Just having fun watching.

Wouldn't your phone be able to pick up the broadcast?

My event was last one this morning, currently watching from outside front straight up the hill from the bridge. may head for the paddock shortly to close up the van before weather hits. next level above entrance road below washrooms. #64

We are modern lightweight

21 won the race today that was Race 2

The youngest on 94 didnt race today as he was doing his M licence today

We race again tomorrow morning

Top of the paddock
Kawasaki awnings

We are modern lightweight

21 won the race today that was Race 2

The youngest on 94 didnt race today as he was doing his M licence today

We race again tomorrow morning

Top of the paddock
Kawasaki awnings
My kid needed a break from bikes so we missed the two morning races.

He also didnt want to ride his bike so I did 16.5 thousand steps walking around. He's 6 so probably a bunch more for him. The trail around the back straight isnt worth the effort. Spent most of the time on the outside of turn 3, some in 2 and 4 and a little in 5.

We got to see some great racing. 82's run from 16th to 2nd in 3 laps was pretty awesome.

Cooney and billyard( ??? ) dicing it up in lots of classes was great to watch. Hopefully he is ok.

My kid needed a break from bikes so we missed the two morning races.

He also didnt want to ride his bike so I did 16.5 thousand steps walking around. He's 6 so probably a bunch more for him. The trail around the back straight isnt worth the effort. Spent most of the time on the outside of turn 3, some in 2 and 4 and a little in 5.

We got to see some great racing. 82's run from 16th to 2nd in 3 laps was pretty awesome.

Cooney and billyard( ??? ) dicing it up in lots of classes was great to watch. Hopefully he is ok.

I hope that you enjoyed the time with your kid.

Nice to meet you. Enjoyed the conversation. And Shadow growls at even Brian P

its too bad that the vrra doesn't take good old cash at the door. I don't do any kind of internet involved commerce at all. Shrug. My kids help me out on the net sometimes by taking cash from me; and then keypading away lol

I was hoping, being a vintage organization...

small bikes are a fantastic idea vrra !

I like to sit at moss' corner for viewing. lots (enough) of passing on the entrance to that corner. good view. this is the sharp 180 degree turn onto the long andretti straight

Last edited:
its too bad that the vrra doesn't take good old cash at the door. I don't do any kind of internet involved commerce at all. Shrug. My kids help me out on the net sometimes by taking cash from me; and then keypading away lol

I like to sit at moss' corner for viewing. lots (enough) of passing on the entrance to that corner. good view.
Next time send me a message and I will pick up your ticket. It would have been a cheap weekend of fun at double the price. I suspect the absence of cash at the gate was for covid tracking/capacity control.

Kid had a great time. It was good to meet some new people and say hi to people that I hadnt seen in a long time. The kids that were there were extraordinarily inclusive and friendly. Make sure you bring hearing protection if you bring a kid, some of the bikes are loud.

I like to sit at moss' corner for viewing. lots (enough) of passing on the entrance to that corner. good view.
That's too bad

It was a CTMP mandate and not VRRA

Anyone including racers could have processed the tickets for you

Edit:

The fleet of bikes were all Rudges. I'd never heard of them before and someone is flogging a whole team of them. Not fast compared to everything out there with them but still awesome.
The sounds and smells are incredible. More than makes up for the speed :) Hope it was a good weekend and the kids enjoyed it

Just out of curiosity, where do the modern 400's run. I would imagine P3M or P4-F3 would make a good pairing.

I was also looking at some times on speedhive and noticed that P3H times were similar to what Lang Hindle was running back in the day. Now, the track has changed and tires and better but still.... :)

My friend was behind Tim Ruhl when he went down in the last race. It sounded pretty bad. I just hope is is OK. He's a really nice guy.

Just out of curiosity, where do the modern 400's run. I would imagine P3M or P4-F3 would make a good pairing.

I was also looking at some times on speedhive and noticed that P3H times were similar to what Lang Hindle was running back in the day. Now, the track has changed and tires and better but still.... :)

My friend was behind Tim Ruhl when he went down in the last race. It sounded pretty bad. I just hope is is OK. He's a really nice guy.

They ran with the P3 Superbike Middle with a 2 waved start to let the P3 guys spread out.

The faster modern 400 guys passed the entire field of P3

The slower 400s and fast R3s were in and among the P3 after 8 laps

Underlined are P3

And I have not heard an update on John or Tim which were both bad crashes.

20210809_105405.jpg

Last edited:
They ran with the P3 Superbike Middle with a 2 waved start to let the P3 guys spread out.

The faster modern 400 guys passed the entire field of P3

The slower 400s and fast R3s were in and among the P3 after 8 laps

Underlined areView attachment 50431 P3

That's great. People always say there is no replacement for displacement but it just goes to show you what a light bike with good suspension and modern race tires will do even if it doesn't have as much motor. I managed to get to the Moto America race in July at Laguna Seca and the fast Junior Cup guys were pulling 1:36/1:37 around that track... They were only around 10 seconds slower that Gagne... Bloody Incredible

My best time ever around Mosport on my old GPZ750 twin shock was 1:44 and that was only once. It was probably a lot more frightening as well. Riding my track bike was like being towed around on a couch compared to the GPZ... LOL

Back
Top Bottom