Veteran RCMP officer stripped of his uniform for publicly smoking medical marijuana | GTAMotorcycle.com

Veteran RCMP officer stripped of his uniform for publicly smoking medical marijuana

Strange

Would the same have happened if he was prescribed another drug?

Sooo... if someone takes antibiotics in public they can be stripped of their uniform?

are you asking for my opinion on the news story? The guy was stripped of his uniform cause he tried to rock the boat...from what I gather he is still a paid officer. Marijuana alters your state of mind...do antibiotics do that ?

He was assigned a desk job, so he wouldn't be driving or carrying while medicated.
You have to admit that his form of medication is different from antibiotics because of its effect on the mind.

going to a party tonight. Got any antibiotics?
(of course that may come in handy later when it burns to pee.)

Last edited:
It seems he Jonesed for a fight and got one.

Trying to do right, but went about it the wrong way.

A whole bunch of dangerous prescription drugs is the answer.
I would prefer if all cops smoked weed, they might relax and do their job in a civil manner, instead we have a pile of steroid using power trippers..

are you asking for my opinion on the news story? The guy was stripped of his uniform cause he tried to rock the boat...from what I gather he is still a paid officer. Marijuana alters your state of mind...do antibiotics do that ?

[h=2]What are the possible side-effects?[/h] Common side-effects include: soft stools, diarrhoea, or mild stomach upset such as nausea. Less commonly, some people have an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, and some have died from a severe allergic reaction - this is very rare.

Antibiotics can kill off normal defence bacteria which live in the bowel and vagina. This may then allow thrush or other bad bacteria to grow.

You should tell your doctor if you have any of the following side-effects:

• Severe watery diarrhoea and abdominal cramps (signs of a serious bacterial infection of the gut - Clostridium difficile infection).
  • Shortness of breath, hives, rash swelling of lips, face, or tongue, fainting (signs of an allergic reaction).
  • Vaginal itching or discharge (signs of vaginal thrush).
  • White patches on the tongue (signs of oral thrush).
  • Vomiting.
Some antibiotics may interact with other medicines that you might take. This may cause reactions, or reduce the effectiveness of one or other of the treatments. So, when you are prescribed an antibiotic you should tell a doctor if you take other medicines.

Yeah you're right, antibiotics are so much better :lmao:

Here's side effects of robitussin, a common over the counter cough medication that you don't even need a prescription for.

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking this medication and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

• severe dizziness or drowsiness;
  • confusion, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior;
  • urinating less than usual or not at all; or
  • slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, weak or shallow breathing.
Less serious side effects include:

• dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
  • warmth, redness, or tingling under your skin;
  • nausea, vomiting, upset stomach;
  • constipation; or
  • skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

I dunno about you but id rather have an interaction with a cop who smoked a joint and is looking for munchies instead of a guy who is hallucinating and thinks im osama bin laden

Yeah you're right, antibiotics are so much better :lmao:

lol thanks for all the info.... you should jump on the internet and take up a petition to help him get his uniform back, if you feel that strongly about it.... I hardly ever take any prescription medications or any over the counter stuff for that matter....I merely asked a question.

lol thanks for all the info.... you should jump on the internet and take up a petition to help him get his uniform back, if you feel that strongly about it.... I hardly ever take any prescription medications or any over the counter stuff for that matter....I merely asked a question.

I aint got time for that!

Gotta get my post count up on here instead :lmao:

He hasn't got a desk job, he's on a medical leave of absence. The RCMP has "members" and rules and tradition, right or wrong they still view wearing the red serge a priveledge and prescribed weed or not the dude in question tried to make a statement. If and when he comes back from his leave he will really enjoy the corner of Nunavit and Hudson Bay as his new posting. I fully respect the RCMP for not letting this guy showboat, we have enough goofs with guns and badges already

A whole bunch of dangerous prescription drugs is the answer.
I would prefer if all cops smoked weed, they might relax and do their job in a civil manner, instead we have a pile of steroid using power trippers..

Just what we need on the streets, a bunch of paranoid (one of the known side effects of weed) cops with loaded guns running around.

He hasn't got a desk job, he's on a medical leave of absence. The RCMP has "members" and rules and tradition, right or wrong they still view wearing the red serge a priveledge and prescribed weed or not the dude in question tried to make a statement. If and when he comes back from his leave he will really enjoy the corner of Nunavit and Hudson Bay as his new posting. I fully respect the RCMP for not letting this guy showboat, we have enough goofs with guns and badges already

No big deal, but

Fredericton-area RCMP Corporal Ron Francis spoke Thursday to the National Post’s Jen Gerson, shortly before a Mountie-ordered medical, and explained his actions:

Q. So to be clear, you’re on administrative duty right now?

A. That’s right. I do not have a firearm. I’m still a police officer, but I’m in administrative support, so I work behind a desk. I’ve seen some of the comments about handling a firearm while on marijuana — if if I did [have a gun] it wouldn’t affect my ability to carry out my duties.

Just what we need on the streets, a bunch of paranoid (one of the known side effects of weed) cops with loaded guns running around.

Where did you learn that? The refer madness movie? Government brainwashing?
Ask 50 potheads how paranoid they feel, you'd be hard pressed to find one.
Why was alcohol illegal during prohibition? Why is it sold openly now?

tumblr_ltfocmNUnY1qbvyllo1_500.jpg

No big deal, but

Fredericton-area RCMP Corporal Ron Francis spoke Thursday to the National Post’s Jen Gerson, shortly before a Mountie-ordered medical, and explained his actions:

Q. So to be clear, you’re on administrative duty right now?

A. That’s right. I do not have a firearm. I’m still a police officer, but I’m in administrative support, so I work behind a desk. I’ve seen some of the comments about handling a firearm while on marijuana — if if I did [have a gun] it wouldn’t affect my ability to carry out my duties.

Yes that was correct on Thursday late afternoon, apparently the RCMP sent officers to his residence and collected every piece of clothing and uniform, including his red serge which they collected later from a dry cleaner. Every logo'd crested wardrobe that could identify him as RCMP was collected, its never really yours it always belongs to the RCMP. He will not seen in uniform smoking weed. He then went on medical leave.

there should be a thread for bikers who might indulge in the green.

anyone ?

Probably because there are as many cops reading this forum as members.
Or maybe it's just PARANOIA !!! :lmao:

Why don't you start one up.
We can discuss prohibition on alcohol and why that failed, and compare the dangers to the demon weed from hell !!!

Back
Top Bottom