Unresponsive script problems | GTAMotorcycle.com

Unresponsive script problems

Brian P

Site Supporter
Seems that a lot of vBulletin forums are having this same issue.

Almost every time you open a page, the browser stops, and after a delay, you get an "unresponsive script" message, and it presents options to continue, debug, or stop the script.

It appears to come from an advertising-related company called VigLink.

The fix seems to be simply to opt out of it. This site is working since I did so, although that was only a few minutes ago, and it doesn't seem that there are any side effects.

Clicky here and press the button: http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Would you know if this opt out is required when using Tapatalk as well?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

The only thing I know about Tapatalk is the name. I don't even know what it does. Is the browser crashing with an "unresponsive script" error? No? then no problem. Yes? then try opting out of viglink.

The only thing I know about Tapatalk is the name. I don't even know what it does. Is the browser crashing with an "unresponsive script" error? No? then no problem. Yes? then try opting out of viglink.
No problem. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I haven't received any errors, but the site has been crawling for me on more than a few occasions recently.

I opted out, let's see if that improves things.

Look at you Brian, all computer tech-y and stuff! What's next, Java coding tips?

Thx, I was having that issue on my PC. Will apply the fix when I get back on.

Nice catch Brian.

I've found that when I browse with my adblocker (UBlock Origin) enabled it doesn't cause issue, but I disable it for GTAM because hey, ads help pay for this place. I've opted out as well and seems to work.

Back
Top Bottom