Two speeding tickets in one stop? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two speeding tickets in one stop?

Just a heads up, two tickets per stop is going to become the norm (even if one is minor BS). They are doing this to get easy convictions without having to go to court, when you go for early resolution they will drop one and might reduce the more serious one. You can't resolve each ticket individually with the prosecutor, it's a package deal so if they drop one but you want to fight the other you gotta fight both in court.

So throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks. That sounds like blatant manipulation of the system. Should be illegal to do so, and hope the cops that do this get reprimanded eventually. So shady and spiteful. How about just doing the right thing – give the highest speeding ticket, and if the person decides to fight it, do your job and be prepared to defend it. For @$%#'s sake.

So throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks. That sounds like blatant manipulation of the system. Should be illegal to do so, and hope the cops that do this get reprimanded eventually. So shady and spiteful. How about just doing the right thing – give the highest speeding ticket, and if the person decides to fight it, do your job and be prepared to defend it. For @$%#'s sake.
While true that it is a manipulation of the system, no one is saying that the cops will hand out fake tickets. If you did more than one thing wrong, it was a courtesy in the past to only ding you for the worst one. If you've done nothing wrong, they don't have value added tickets to give you.

Just a heads up, two tickets per stop is going to become the norm (even if one is minor BS). They are doing this to get easy convictions without having to go to court, when you go for early resolution they will drop one and might reduce the more serious one. You can't resolve each ticket individually with the prosecutor, it's a package deal so if they drop one but you want to fight the other you gotta fight both in court.

You came to this conclusion, how? I am sure, you'll be able to post, the written policy, or directive, from chiefs, to the constabulary?

So it's over. Pled guilty to one charge of 15 over, $49 fine. Surprised me that the courts took it from two minor charges, ~$600 and seven demerit points to there, but I am sure as hell not complaining.

Ultimately, the stated goal of policing was achieved as my wife now drives slower and pays more attention. The governmental administrative cost was high though, interaction with officer, long phone call with prosecutor, short phone call with prosecutor and JP.

Last edited:
So it's over. Pled guilty to one charge of 15 over, $49 fine. Surprised me that the courts took it from two minor charges, ~$600 and seven demerit points to there, but I am sure as hell not complaining.

Ultimately, the stated goal of policing was achieved as my wife now drives slower and pays more attention. The governmental administrative cost was high though, interaction with officer, long phone call with prosecutor, short phone call with prosecutor and JP.

Sounds like a lot of phone calls. Didn't realize that was an option, thought you had to do everything in person at the courthouse. Did you set foot in the courthouse?

Sounds like a lot of phone calls. Didn't realize that was an option, thought you had to do everything in person at the courthouse. Did you set foot in the courthouse?
My wife dealt with it. She went somewhere to request a trial, I don't know if that was courthouse or elsewhere. After that, just phone calls. I hadn't heard of that before.

Back
Top Bottom