Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two Speed Humps on Forks of the Credit

Malks

I just rode through The Forks on my way home tonight and found that there are two new speed humps located between the bridge over the river and the trestle. They are the rubber bolted down style and are very easy to avoid on a bike because they left gaps right in line with the left track where you would be riding. Keep an eye out as you travel through there.

...actually on a dual sport bike, speed bumps are your best friend. Just sayin...

I just rode through The Forks on my way home tonight and found that there are two new speed humps located between the bridge over the river and the trestle. They are the rubber bolted down style and are very easy to avoid on a bike because they left gaps right in line with the left track where you would be riding. Keep an eye out as you travel through there.

I saw the signs on Saturday. Why do you think they would put them in that particular spot? At least it is better than gravel on the corners.

I saw the signs on Saturday. Why do you think they would put them in that particular spot? At least it is better than gravel on the corners.

Those are the two locations where the road is fairly straight so they should slow down the cages. No real effect on bikes. At least you can see them for a good distance and position yourself in order to avoid them. So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.

So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.

Don't give them ideas. All that is going to do is make it even more frustrating when we are stuck behind cars. When I was there on Saturday I got stuck behind a car and he was doing at the most 30km/h and was almost coming to a stop on the bends, now they will be stopping to go over the speed bumps.

Went over those speed bumps in a car day before yesterday. Bikes definitely can go through that big opening that was left in the bumps, but still - this sucks!

Those are the two locations where the road is fairly straight so they should slow down the cages. No real effect on bikes. At least you can see them for a good distance and position yourself in order to avoid them. So far nothing above the trestle where I tend to wind it up.

Shhhhhhht.. Not on a public forum :shock:

i like the huge long speed bumps, these bolt on ones sound like the short annoying ones...back in my youth, bolt on speed bumps was an invitation to remove and place somewhere...else...

I wonder if they will be removed over the winter for snow removal concerns. The only good thing is these bumps should drive the locals nuts because they will have to drive over them every day. Others who like this road only need to use it once in a while, so it is not so much of an issue.

i like the huge long speed bumps, these bolt on ones sound like the short annoying ones...back in my youth, bolt on speed bumps was an invitation to remove and place somewhere...else...
The huge ones are awesome. I love that they say 30 on the sign beside them but if you stand up you can go over them at well over 80 and barely notice. On a race track of course.

These are something in-between. They seem to handle 50 km/h pretty well. I like the long asphalt ones, but these are bolt-on plasticky ones, so at 50 (the limit on the street is 50), it was a bit bumpy going over them (even with one pair of wheels). And definitely looks like these will be removed for the winter. Funny thing, I was driving through the Forks around 10pm a couple of days ago, and there was OPP cruiser standing right at the hairpin.

Funny thing, I was driving through the Forks around 10pm a couple of days ago, and there was OPP cruiser standing right at the hairpin.

It's not like you could be going that fast through the hair pin. He was likely waiting for the long boarders to come down the hill; I have seen them using this section before.

Late last week I saw an OPP cruiser sitting at the corner where Mississauga Road heads north to Caledon Ski Club. Never seen one there in the 30+ years I have been riding through there. Fortunately I was stuck behind a cage doing a scenic tour along that section.

There are plenty of things for the cops to do at the Forks other than speed limit. At the hairpin, they could wait for car drivers to go around the corner in the wrong lane. (Just hang out there for a while and watch - it's scary.) At the 3-way stop in town, they could wait for people to blow the stop sign - it won't take long.

I've seen people sail through that stop sign with an OPP in the parking lot at the Shed, and the cop didn't do anything, so maybe stop signs aren't a priority for maintaining safety on the roads??

Rode the forks yesterday and was able to do 55-60 though all of it, until the speed humps. The cage infront of me basically parked before both of them, and at most of the corners:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom