Twisty Tuesday Nov 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Twisty Tuesday Nov 10

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Trying to get the day off work and if I do, then up I go for what might be my last long ride of the year - 20 degrees!
Not suitable for new riders, since there will be some highway and some very twisty roads. If you have ridden with me before - same sort of thing.
Route includes Southwood, Peninsula, Turtle Lake Rd, 518, 35, Kushog Lake, Kennisis Lake, Harburn Lake, Deep Bay.
Max 3 other riders.
PM or post if up you are in!

Pace: Responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun in the corners. No hooligan or stupid stuff.
Fuel: Gas stops every 200km or so.
Lunch: Skip lunch and just east snacks and take breaks at scenic spots to chow down. Not enough daylight for long stops or sit down lunch.
Depart: Mississauga @ 6:30am or 6am if anyone is up for it to get the early morning slab out of the way.
Meetups: Open to meet up anywhere along the way.
Return: I have to be back home to Mississauga by 6pm.

1604876470744.png

'Too bad we have to spend an hour or more on "meh" roads to get to some decent curves...

doesnt look like a 12hr ride

Hey Shane, I'm in if this is a go. What time are you passing through Barrie and where should I meet?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I have no idea if it will be a 12 hr ride, but the program I use to build my routes is saying just that.

@Iceman - I just got the day off work and so it's a go.
I plan to leave home at 6:30. There is one other rider coming with me and if it works for you, we could stop at the Esso at Essa Rd/ Ardagh Rd. I think we will be there around 7:30-7:45.

Does that work for you?

I have no idea if it will be a 12 hr ride, but the program I use to build my routes is saying just that.

@Iceman - I just got the day off work and so it's a go.
I plan to leave home at 6:30. There is one other rider coming with me and if it works for you, we could stop at the Esso at Essa Rd/ Ardagh Rd. I think we will be there around 7:30-7:45.

Does that work for you?
That works for me. I'll try to be a little early at the Esso. Really looking forward to it, it's been a while.

That works for me. I'll try to be a little early at the Esso. Really looking forward to it, it's been a while.

Me as well! If for some reason we get delayed more than 15 minutes leaving my house, I’ll post up.

Me as well! If for some reason we get delayed more than 15 minutes leaving my house, I’ll post up.
No worries, Timmies is next door to the Esso.

Have fun guys! Keep in mind the early sunset. Usable light starts disappearing around 3:30-4, official sunset is 5.

Have fun guys! Keep in mind the early sunset. Usable light starts disappearing around 3:30-4, official sunset is 5.
Thanks and it's going to be weird coming home at pitch dark yet so early. As long as I'm on the 404 south before sunset we are all good.

Great route! Have fun guys.

I am off tomorrow as well, however don't have that many hours. I may head off someplace nearby.
That's a shame, I was hoping to meet you. You've certainly put some miles on the new bike and I always enjoy riding with like minded people.
I hope you've enjoyed your first season on two wheels here, there's always next year.

That's a shame, I was hoping to meet you. You've certainly put some miles on the new bike and I always enjoy riding with like minded people.
I hope you've enjoyed your first season on two wheels here, there's always next year.

Thanks @Iceman; yes I have enjoyed my sojourns this year. There's still some time left, so hopefully we'll meet soon :)

It’s too bad I had to work today. I kept an eye on this because Iceman and Shane are 2 guys I would definitely want to see again and ride with. Hope you guys have fun. All I get is a ride to work.

It’s too bad I had to work today. I kept an eye on this because Iceman and Shane are 2 guys I would definitely want to see again and ride with. Hope you guys have fun. All I get is a ride to work.
It would've been nice to see you, it's been a while. You gotta see my new toy, 2021 yamaha t7.

Thanks Shane, another great day. Hope you made it home ok.
Tell Sid it was good to meet him, great guy.
5c394b61a4345491a6aa30a5696320ff.jpg

Thanks Shane, another great day. Hope you made it home ok.
Tell Sid it was good to meet him, great guy.
5c394b61a4345491a6aa30a5696320ff.jpg

Nice pic!
Great to ride with you again and look forward to the next one. Home safe and sound. Not sure if I can squeeze another ride out of my rear tire, but I did manage to squeeze another 275km past this pic!

i-Bff47G8-O.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic!
Great to ride with you again and look forward to the next one. Home safe and sound. Not sure if I can squeeze another ride out of my rear tire, but I did manage to squeeze another 275km past this pic!

i-Bff47G8-O.jpg
Done that in a car, never on a bike. I'm hoping next year is better riding than this one. I only got around the block today.

Back
Top Bottom