TV wall mounting | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV wall mounting

Anyone have a good reliable source for this ? Looking for someone who has done this and is doing it, not a fly by night type, jack of all trades kind of person.

I can’t find the card for the last guy I used, which is a bummer...

Why not try and DIY? its very easy to do and you save some $$ and feel good after a job well done.

Buy a level and a stud finder. Between 1-10, this would be a 1.5 job.

would also recommend a DIY attempt
but the size/weight/value of TV
and complications of type of installation
and the disposable income level
may make it advisable to contract it

I would look up similar installations
and go from there with a well planned DIY

geek squad will do this for you if you will not DIY

Depends on the mount, the size of the tv and where it’s going.

But, all things considered, it’s generally a pretty easy job if you take your time and plan it out.

I’ve mounted my 58” in the basement and a 42” in the sitting room.

I prefer flat mount systems that don’t swivel or tilt but, that’s why I consider a few places and where furniture is going so, we don’t have to move the TV depending on where we are sitting etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIY but it depends on what it's being mounted to. If your going into 2 X 4's screws have amazing strength. Into light metal studs I don't know. Concrete holds fasteners well if they're the right fastener.

After I mount a bracket on a wall for a microwave or TV I see if my weight will rip it off before the electronics get mounted to the bracket. I haven't dropped yet but the next could be the first.

Also is this a condo and you're drilling into a common or support wall with embedded wiring? I did an electrical fault locate on a circuit and it turned out the tenant drove a nail into the wall to hang a calendar. The final bill was about $1000.00.

I managed to put one up into a concrete wall with tapcons using a monoprice mount. A drywall into studs would be even easier. If you’re looking to completely hide cables and fish them through wall cavities that’s going to be a bit trickier but I used a white plastic cable channel hide doodad and it looks pretty good. Basically if I can do it a half blind handicapped baboon can do it.

Geek Squad is expensive, not worth it, unless it’s part of the purchase of said TV, I believe it’s 350 bucks on it’s own

65 inch TV, don’t want any issues, and I don’t want it to fall....

It’s above the fireplace, so it’s drywall and brick behind, or whatever is behind the drywall maybe cinder block

Most guys advertising are 50 to 100 dollars, that to me is reasonable, I just want someone who does this, not some joe blow with a drill and some screws.

I know it’s not hard, it’s just not something I want to do

I have mounted 2 other TV’s, wood studs, no problem,

But this being above the fireplace and into the chimney I am a bit hesitant

But if I don’t find anyone, I will have to try on my own

Last edited:
I'd do it myself because I'm cheap as chips, but if I wasn't, geek squad at $350ish is probably a direction I would lean. Insured and easy to follow up with if heaven forbid there was an issue.

Those guys that have a photocopied sign on a lamp post scare me, them and the 6 pot lights for $199 installed. Some may be legit tradesman doing a little side hustle, I fear many are not.

N3WMAN use to do high end installs, but I think he got out of the game and moved up north.

so share the mystery, is it drilled into masonary, on drywall anchors, thru bolted to the inside on the chimney? whats holding it up?

no self respecting trade person will come to your house for $50, good job on doing it yourself

Installed it on my own....

TV is still up, so I guess I did it right, I am a bit higher than I wanted, but hey 1 inch off is OK

Now we know who to call to get this done for next time :p

no self respecting trade person will come to your house for $50, good job on doing it yourself

Some of the retired one's will if you can find one. They like to keep busy and usually have more time then guys hustlin' all day.

Some of the retired one's will if you can find one. They like to keep busy and usually have more time then guys hustlin' all day.

and that right there is the awesome and the sucky. If your 35 have all the right tools and a van, insurance and pay taxes you cant stop at the end of the driveway for less than $200?
If your retired Fred, $50 goes for greens fees and a double double and you could care less about liability, oky doky.

I have some trade friends , I feel for them , competing with others that don't need the work but like to stay busy. Not saying its wrong but it does make it harder.

Back
Top Bottom