Turn Signals Won't Flash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turn Signals Won't Flash

rideitlikeyoustoleit

Bike is a 2006 Ninja 650R. It had smoked LED integrated tail lights. The LEDs died so I removed them and replaced the stock tail light. The brightness is such a big difference. I don't want to put the stock turn signals back on so I went to Zariz Cycle today and picked up aftermarket turn signals. I connected them but they just stay on and they don't flash. I keep hearing that I need a relay of some sort. Not very experienced in this so can anyone tell me what I have to do.

Thanks in advance.

full_3daa0390e6fa57468d496441071c8a71.jpg

Do you have 3 wires from your bike to those 2 wires?

2 options either put resistors in or get a led flasher, you can get the flasher from Ebay. The kawasaki relays go solid without enough load instead of fast flash like most others.

If its not flashing at all I don't think the relay will help you, It is to make the blinker flash at standard speed intead of fast, But in your case its not even flashing at all.

No he has a kawi and they do the same with a bad bulb, the signal comes on solid no flashing instead of the fast flash most other companies use.

No he has a kawi and they do the same with a bad bulb, the signal comes on solid no flashing instead of the fast flash most other companies use.

Ahhh ok, My bad.
I thought maybe he hooked the 2 power wires or the daytime running light power wire on a 3 wire system.
Which would leave them on all the time or just turn them on and stay on when you hit the signal like my bike would do.

Do you have 3 wires from your bike to those 2 wires?

I'm going to have to double check. The previous owner installed the LED integrated tail lights so wires are everywhere. I'm surprised I even knew which wires to connect to the tail lights.

2 options either put resistors in or get a led flasher, you can get the flasher from Ebay. The kawasaki relays go solid without enough load instead of fast flash like most others.

I think I forgot to mention that the aftermarket turn signals are NOT LEDs.

So which one is it? Relay or resistors? Is there a difference?

And is there anywhere local I can get it cheaper? I found a resistor from Kapsco Moto but they're for LEDs. Would it work for a non LED application?

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/tl-gj-res.htm

Also, I wanted to keep it at a faster blink rate to match my front signals.

Last edited:
My first thought was the same as Jeff's, that you probably hooked it up to the marker light (always on) wire instead of the signal wire. Btw, you are talking about the signal light not blinking right, not the indicator on the instrument cluster?

One other thought... since you also replaced the tail light are you sure you didn't hook the signal lamps up to the tail light's hot wire by mistake?

Last edited:
My first thought was the same as Jeff's, that you probably hooked it up to the marker light (always on) wire instead of the signal wire. Btw, you are talking about the signal light not blinking right, not the indicator on the instrument cluster?

One other thought... since you also replaced the tail light are you sure you didn't hook the signal lamps up to the tail light's hot wire by mistake?

I'll look into the marker wires later on this morning. And yes, the rear signal light is not blinking. My fronts blink fine and the indicator on the cluster is fine as well.

I'll also check into the tail light wires later. I just unplugged the socket from the integrated ones and plugged it back in to the stock. I'll take pictures and post them.

Sorry I was assuming front and back signal on solid from your original post, if the front works but not the back you have the wiring messed up.

Those are the wires that's not connected to anything else. A pair of negative and positive wires and a white and black wire that's grounded.
The right picture is the overall view of under my seat. Yea, it's dirty. Oh well. Haha

If anyone is able to just do this for me, PM me and give me a price. I'm in the Brimley and Finch area.

IMG_0058e.jpg
IMG_0059e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom