Triumph Speed 400 prototype | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph Speed 400 prototype

I've always loved the new Triumph Bonneville range and even had a Speed Twin 1200 for a bit. I'm not used to seeing just the 1 pipe - just looks odd. I'd personally just get the Speed Twin 900 which looks virtually identical but get that 400 is aiming for a different market.

The only question is - how many $$$ ?
They've got to hit the sweet spot, a bit more than the RE 350s but not as much as the Japanese.

They've got to hit the sweet spot, a bit more than the RE 350s but not as much as the Japanese.
Do they need to be cheaper than the japanese? The style and brand may sway some. The gap you laid out looks to be pretty tight (RE ~6K, Z400 ~6.5K). I don't think a few hundred in either direction in that band will make or break sales numbers.

They've got to be more than the Z400 because the retros are always more expensive that the modern version (z900 vs z900rs etc). Either way they'll sell a ton at $7k because people will pay a little more for the nostalgia and the Triumph emblem (as i would).

Triumph has some cachet (with quality to match) so if anything I'd think they'd be the priciest of them all.

I like it. Didn’t get a chance to try out any Triumph during my search. But maybe for next time.

One of the most characterful parallel twins out there I'd say. Love it in my TBird.

Back
Top Bottom