Trimming Trees | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trimming Trees

sburns

Anyone know anything about trimming trees? I have this cedar on the front lawn needs to be chopped down.

I was going to trim a few feet off the top and reduce the overall bulk. Just not sure how to do it.

fa1c2e1ff7eef5708933c1d5286803f7.jpg

Sent from the moon!

Saw. Pick up truck. Yard waste depot.
Next?
Umm talking about how to shape it not dispose of it.

BTW the transfer stations are closed
Thanks for playing ;)

That could make a really good Topiary
.... maybe a big phallus? :LOL:

I use a hedge-trimmer saw to trim/shape the outside of our cedars. A flip-out hand saw will work for the larger branches. You might need to rent or borrow a suitable ladder. Please be respectful of the power lines above.
I think those are telephone and cable connections, lol you shouldn't see more then about 55 volts if you bite into those ;)
actually those wires are a disgusting mess you should complain about that after the pandemic.

If it is a 'regular' cedar you may want to pull the branches apart and have a look inside. Any major trimming will leave nothing but dead. After a week of looking at it you will cut it right down.

I dont think it is as close to the wires as the pic shows

I use a hedge-trimmer saw to trim/shape the outside of our cedars. A flip-out hand saw will work for the larger branches. You might need to rent or borrow a suitable ladder. Please be respectful of the power lines above.
Thanks, yes that is partly why I want to trim it. Actually the lower lines are cable runs, but still need to be dealt with.

If it is a 'regular' cedar you may want to pull the branches apart and have a look inside. Any major trimming will leave nothing but dead. After a week of looking at it you will cut it right down.

I dont think it is as close to the wires as the pic shows
Not sure what a regular vs a non-regular is, but this is what I have =)
I did peek inside, it has several trunks grown together, you can see in the photo as mini peaks. Makes it a bit more complicated to shape it down.
Who knows I just make just wack at it with the saw.

I threw out a hedge trimmer just yesterday but I still have another one if you want it :| this one cuts both directions, it's fancy. I can leave it at the gate if you want to pick it up.

Chop the top 1/3rd then shape the upper part to match. It may look ugly at first but could grow out in next year or two...

I'm talking about the tree...
I was kinda thinking the same thing just lop the top off then shape....
(the tree of course)

That looks like it's on the city allowance. Here, you need to call them, and they'll do it for free.

I've got it! Shape it like a big lightning bolt coming down from the wires :LOL:

Bend it over and start shaping the thing. In a few years you might get this:

1585877102154.png

That's very Edward Scissorhands (y) but the seat needs to be trimmed down a lot.

looks a bit too tall
nurture it this summer and fall

give it a respecful send-off
in December
cut around 3 feet off the top

adorn it with decorations and lights
after setting it up inside

invite some friends over to help (hookers)
they love to be included

Back
Top Bottom