Triggering Traffic Lights | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triggering Traffic Lights

Here is a solution for you.

Never tried it.

There was a product called Veloloop to trigger the sensor for bicycles, and were supposed to be developing one for motorcycles as well. But every article, video or blog I see about it is from 2014-16. A Google search restricted to the last year shows zero results.
Anyone know what became of it?

If you have trouble with an intersection in your regular local route, contact your municipal works department. They can adjust it.
Thanks, I'll remember that.
There's one intersection that I had trouble with and it had unusual sensors. They were black disks in a row, maybe 5 feet apart.
I finally discovered that if I park with my engine directly over one it triggers the sensor.
I sat through 3 flashing "don't walk" signals my first time at that light.
It would be nice to have a solution for unexpected intersections though.

Thanks, I'll remember that.
There's one intersection that I had trouble with and it had unusual sensors. They were black disks in a row, maybe 5 feet apart.
I finally discovered that if I park with my engine directly over one it triggers the sensor.
I sat through 3 flashing "don't walk" signals my first time at that light.
It would be nice to have a solution for unexpected intersections though.
My solution is to look both ways and go if the lights don't change.

Sent from the future

My solution is to look both ways and go if the lights don't change.

Sent from the future
I've done this. My thought is that most cops would be understanding. But usually I do the right turn then U-turn a short way down the road.

I live in Brantford and cops here are pretty good people in my experience. I know a couple as well. But when I'm in Hamilton I don't take chances. Those cops are all unforgiving and they seem to be under orders by the city to write as many tickets as possible. I drove for 30 years in Brantford, with a heavy foot, and got 2 speeding tickets and one red-light (it was actually yellow) in that time. I moved to Hamilton for 6 years and got 6 speeding tickets and one wrongfully issued parking ticket for selling my car on my front lawn. These tickets were all in speed traps when I was driving along with the surrounding traffic. I you are ever in Hamilton, drive within the letter of the law. They also have a LOT of photo radar cameras setup. I once got a speeding ticket for doing 47kms in a school zone (40kms). I thought, 7-over, that's not bad! Before I read that the speed limit was 30kms. I'd never heard of a 30km school zone. Likely something they setup as a cash-grab.

If it is not changing like many I look all ways and proceed when safe. If you are worried about cops, well you are not looking enough before proceeding....

Before I read that the speed limit was 30kms. I'd never heard of a 30km school zone. Likely something they setup as a cash-grab.

Burlington
AMWts8CNZKqN_B2PEEoFVWUQGe1GUTaog90Qg0kQi2BF4Y9yfkU7L8yZoS0RFIfaXpcaKCUcszB46P3zOLuZ-Fq8vcyaNOCmWw3WSruEwierxe4aXFIxlWkVsPenTIbpUgM1VV0wvesTbBrQ5HgwdO9U6Vs6=w1215-h810-no

People's Republic of Hamilton.
AMWts8AzjEFu4PN_yTy-B5ZBl3zXJPQldNyR5I5jWx-2sFVjGgE6fjyvDNPafYKykiFZ0UeMHme9wdoAS3beekbFx7trkVZ4tUpET9CvMEiAGsGFBMKCkfexKNBs6bLYlNSygvLIyq5_WJYwPtezfWPV8fwr=w1205-h616-no

Back
Top Bottom