Trackdays before june 14 ??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trackdays before june 14 ???

Others here may be more tuned in, but from what I have read, it depends who you ask. I think at this point, officially no. Shannonville is showing everything up to that date as postponed on their calendar, for example.

That said, TMP seems to have started car lapping, so they may be testing the waters for a provincial response. I'm not sure why track days aren't okay when golfing is, but I guess it comes down to lobbying dollars. Also, this government may change course, it wouldn't be the first time...

Edit: Motorsports was explicitly disallowed under the current 'COVID-19 public health measures and advice' or whatever they call it, but at some point they quietly removed the word 'motorsports' from the doc. Originally, that was planned to last until June 2.

Under the new reopening plan, 'Outdoor horse racing and motor speedways' will be allowed in Step 1. Whether those events will be limited to 10 participants (as an outside activity) isn't clear to me.

Entering into Step 1 is contingent on vaccination rates, but is tentatively projected to start around June 14.

My June 3rd date with RidersChoice at Shannonville was cancelled/postponed yesterday.

Lots of complaints in my riding groups about people finding out about cancellations via the websites. So don’t sit there expecting an email!

I'm booked for CTMP June 11th with pro 6 . E mailed pro 6 and as of yet it has not been cancelled by CTMP. I am hoping this goes ahead. Trackdays and racing went ahead last year with no issues that I am aware of so I don't know why it can't go ahead now.

I'm booked for CTMP June 11th with pro 6 . E mailed pro 6 and as of yet it has not been cancelled by CTMP. I am hoping this goes ahead. Trackdays and racing went ahead last year with no issues that I am aware of so I don't know why it can't go ahead now.
Dont try and apply logic to politics. It will only make your head hurt.

I didn't bother booking anything. The rules last year were such a shitshow for me I just left the bike on the lift for the year.

Unless we get clear rules from the gov. Booking days off regularwork and then cancelling just messes with the guys I work with, especially seeing most days I want are Fridays or Mondays

Plus I doubt they will sell out but for our providers sake I really hope they do!

I think last year most trackdays were mostly a sell out and the ones I attended really felt like a normal day. Everyone was self distancing and wearing masks and there were no issues. This lockdown that we are having now is really messing up a lot of trackdays and racing. Last year everything was ok to do so I think organizers made their plans based on what was ok last year and then the gov changed all the rules. I think once we get into June and things start to go ahead it should continue for the summer. Pro 6 will decide on the June 11th day by June 3rd. They are not taking any more reservations for CTMP Aug days until they find out about the June 11th day so they can offer the spots to June 11th ppl first .

Per the gov't plan - motorsports facilities are suppose to be closed until June 14th, but some Moto X tracks, ovals (single car practice) and road course operations - have opened for recreational outdoor riding/lapping. They are taking the stance that Motorsports is racing and no facility can hold races until June 14th, but recreational programs like lapping, moto x riding, etc are outdoor recreational activities that are ok if run under covid protocols. I have also learned a number of health dept's are fed up with trying to enforce the changing rules and aren't doing anything unless they receive a complaint, its not like they don't have a million other things to deal with as well. Kinda like when the gov't said the police would be stopping people to see why they were out in their car during the stay at home order, and the police said nope not doing it got enough on the go already ! So there is alot of grey area out there. Car lapping is the easiest to monitor since the numbers are lower, they are street legal for the most part so noise isn't a factor, thereby lowering the chance of a complaint. Motorcycles not as easy. The gov't has said they might push the date ahead if we can get to 600 cases or lower/day but currently we sit at 1100/day so we have some work to do.

Per the gov't plan - motorsports facilities are suppose to be closed until June 14th, but some Moto X tracks, ovals (single car practice) and road course operations - have opened for recreational outdoor riding/lapping....
OK, so does that mean that the June 3 date at GB, being run by OSR is running or cancelled?

Per the gov't plan - motorsports facilities are suppose to be closed until June 14th, but some Moto X tracks, ovals (single car practice) and road course operations - have opened for recreational outdoor riding/lapping. They are taking the stance that Motorsports is racing and no facility can hold races until June 14th, but recreational programs like lapping, moto x riding, etc are outdoor recreational activities that are ok if run under covid protocols. I have also learned a number of health dept's are fed up with trying to enforce the changing rules and aren't doing anything unless they receive a complaint, its not like they don't have a million other things to deal with as well. Kinda like when the gov't said the police would be stopping people to see why they were out in their car during the stay at home order, and the police said nope not doing it got enough on the go already ! So there is alot of grey area out there. Car lapping is the easiest to monitor since the numbers are lower, they are street legal for the most part so noise isn't a factor, thereby lowering the chance of a complaint. Motorcycles not as easy. The gov't has said they might push the date ahead if we can get to 600 cases or lower/day but currently we sit at 1100/day so we have some work to do.
+1, would like to know as well for the osr day

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm not blaming the organizers at all, or the government.

None of us have ever had to deal with this before.

By the time the pit rules were established and things were kind of back to a regular trackday I had made other plans. My choice to sit out the season, can't say I see this season going any better atm. Again, hope I am wrong.

A couple of years ago I realized that my skills weren't going to improve much more if I only did a couple of track days per year. The plan was to do a lot more of them, but then covid hit and blew 2020 out of the water.

So I booked a full season of days in 2021 in the hopes that at least some of them won't get cancelled. I'm starting to move through middle age, and I can see that each year that passes cuts into the remaining window of when I'll be willing and physically able to push hard on track.

I've got the luxury to take vacation more or less whenever I want, so that makes things a lot easier when dealing with rescheduling.

June 11th CTMP cancelled. They hung on to the last minute hoping the govnt would open earlier but not happening.

Is the VRAA event at CTMP on Aug 6 - 8 still on?

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I realized that my skills weren't going to improve much more if I only did a couple of track days per year. The plan was to do a lot more of them, but then covid hit and blew 2020 out of the water.

So I booked a full season of days in 2021 in the hopes that at least some of them won't get cancelled. I'm starting to move through middle age, and I can see that each year that passes cuts into the remaining window of when I'll be willing and physically able to push hard on track.

I've got the luxury to take vacation more or less whenever I want, so that makes things a lot easier when dealing with rescheduling.

I know that feeling. I'm pushing 50 and find that if I make time to exercise every week - I do a combination of strength training (basics: squats, deadlifts, pull-ups) and cycling (I do 80-100 kms/week) it makes the track days more enjoyable. I also try to go easy on alcohol consumption which is hard during the summer months. It's still physically demanding doing a full day at the track but much more fun when you're in shape.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom