Toronto To Montreal. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto To Montreal.

Only thing sort of interesting on the 401 route to montreal are the ONroute service stops, because who doesn't like fast food

The Big Apple in Colborne is fun, tour Kingston Pen, Rockport Thousand Island Boat tours, Morrisburg Upper Canada Village.

If you can swing an 7-8hr ride to get there, then something like Toronto to Montreal , which is only about 2 hours longer.
I've taken the bike from Toronto to Montreal a bunch of times and the 401 is fine if you want to get there quick, but head north a bit and it's a sweet ride.
It sounds like you are going to be riding under 2000km. There's not much I would be doing to my bike to go on a ride like that asides from normal basic maintenance stuff, like oil, tires, chain, brakes etc.
Riding in Montreal is fun. Just be a bit assertive while keeping your awareness and you will be fine.

Remember, signals are optional in Quebec, and cagers are aggressive. But the general quality of drivers seems to be higher there vs the GTA, so they may be aggressive and not signal much, but at least they're not clueless.

The only thing I can add is, during the Grand Prix things are elevated to a new level. Go on line and see what hotel prices are during the dates of the race.

Montreal is a great place to have fun. But, riding there during one of the busiest events of year isn’t.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with others - the 401 route is boring as hell, but hey...a ride is a ride I guess. Depends on how well you zone out and enjoy the ride vs wanting scenery and interesting roads.

If you have the time you can make it a little less boring by taking the 35/115 up to Highway 7 and going across that way, through Ottawa, and then onto Montreal. Or the USA route others mentioned. Both will be more interesting, but both will take you considerably more time, so if you're in a time crunch...make sure you've plotted it out very carefully beforehand to fully understand how much time you're adding by going that route. Google maps generally has realistic travel times when you plot it out, or Furkot is extremely powerful as well once you learn how to use it - it's confusing as hell.

Waze is an invaluable tool in big cities, so if you can, use it - especially in Montreal - traffic in that city can be crazy and unpredictable so it can easily save you an hour+ just getting into and out of the city.

I'm going to MTL myself a week today and will be riding, barring a forecast that shows nothing but rain for 2 days...who knows the way this spring is going. I'll probably be taking the 401 both ways simply due to the fact it's fastest.

Thanks for the valuable advice. I will be taking 401 on my way to Montreal since I have time constraint in place for the Race day. On my way back though I will be taking the scenic route of Highway 7. Just topped up the Engine oil waiting for handle levers to be delivered and then I am set for The Trip.

Thanks Fellow people on TWO Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thanks for the valuable advice. I will be taking 401 on my way to Montreal since I have time constraint in place for the Race day. On my way back though I will be taking the scenic route of Highway 7. Just topped up the Engine oil waiting for handle levers to be delivered and then I am set for The Trip.

Thanks Fellow people on TWO Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Highway 7 isn’t too bad unless you get caught behind a slow moving vehicle and can’t pass. Also....quite a few cops at times.

Back
Top Bottom