Toprak shredding@ Mugello | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toprak shredding@ Mugello

Awesome. Note the brake light, stock instrument cluster, stock brake and clutch levers, etc. Those are stock bikes! (They're not allowed to ride their superbikes except at official WorldSBK test days)

The speed difference between them, and the mere mortals on the track day, is truly amazing.

Awesome. Note the brake light, stock instrument cluster, stock brake and clutch levers, etc. Those are stock bikes! (They're not allowed to ride their superbikes except at official WorldSBK test days)

The speed difference between them, and the mere mortals on the track day, is truly amazing.
looks like a video game lol

Yeah I'm not a fan of the wide-angle lens. I've ridden Mugello, and that video view doesn't really represent how it looks when actually riding there.

do stock R1s not have an old school ignition key?

do stock R1s not have an old school ignition key?
despite @Brian P earlier comment they are in fact not stock, R1 come with mechanical keys. if that's the only change then it's barely worth mentioning. and yes; i realize the point he was making. they aren't million dollar prototypes.

I would expect that they're allowed to do basic track preparation, including ignition key removal, just not Superbike race prep. (Mirrors are gone, too.) I had spotted the lack of key.

On a similar note, toprak on a stock bike with stock road tires apparently:

Back
Top Bottom