TO cycle salvage, zdeno - still in business? | GTAMotorcycle.com

TO cycle salvage, zdeno - still in business?

mihnea

Site Supporter
I just tried calling them and one doesn't ring at all and the other rings forever. does anyone know if they're still around?

numbers I called:
TO - 4162597991
zdeno - 4167629963

T.O. is still in business, though I don't know how, the owners an a55. I worked there and just quit for that reason, so now he's left to actually answer the phones himself. If you do get the right number, the chances of you talking to someone are slim, he'll probably just put you on hold forever, your best chances of finding a part is to go in. Just know, he's is always right, and the customer is always wrong and an idiot.

I called Zdeno about a month and a half ago and got through, so I'm pretty sure they're still around

Zdeno's in kitchener is a great place. Only place i could find an ignition coil for my 94 YZF750R and I called everywhere! If you need a part just go in, they have a great cross-referencing program that will call up other bikes that use the same parts. The coil I got was off an 89 FJ1200, perfect match. Only place that really took the time to cross-reference the fiches. Definately not gonna waste my time calling around next time and just go there right away!

I just tried calling them and one doesn't ring at all and the other rings forever. does anyone know if they're still around?

numbers I called:
TO - 4162597991
zdeno - 4167629963

Zdeno on St Clair closed many years ago.. Probably 2003-2004?

Zdeno's is my last resort, but they due tend to have what i am looking for, but for a lot of money. I feel like i need to take a cold shower after I leave.

Taken right from there website, so i have no idea were you got he 416 number.

Zdeno Cycle, 1495 Victoria St. N., Kitchener, ON N2B 2E4

Information: 1 866 781-2826
Used: 1 866 950-3420
Parts: 1 866 950-3421
Local number: 519-745-7010
Fax: 519 745-7019

T.O. is still in business, though I don't know how, the owners an a55. I worked there and just quit for that reason, so now he's left to actually answer the phones himself. If you do get the right number, the chances of you talking to someone are slim, he'll probably just put you on hold forever, your best chances of finding a part is to go in. Just know, he's is always right, and the customer is always wrong and an idiot.

When I had my Hyo in there for warranty work, the owner wasn't very friendly. He was very condescending and didn't have much patience for me since I was pretty new to bikes and mechanical things in general. It doesn't surprise me if he's now left to do things there on his own with the way he treated his customers. I can only imagine how he'd treat his staff!

I gotta say "+1" on TO cycle... it would give me no pleasure to see any shop close it's doors, but owner of that place is some piece of work... some of the stuff he pulls is flat-out illegal. Shame, really.

They're still around.. I drive by them almost every day and they have bikes in front.. Usually, I just get the occasional used part. Alright pricing, hard to reach on the phone, never had any issues with the owner, but my interaction there is limited.

You could try The Bike Yard on Airport Road near Highway 9. His website actually has a listing of parts with pics and prices.http://www.bikeyard.com/

There is also a shop on Kingston Road near Warden Ave, can't for the life of me think of the name at the moment, but I have bought stuff from him as well.

I looked them up, it is Ontario Cycle Salvage. Here is the link:
http://www.ontariocyclesalvage.com/

Last edited:
I'm surprised by the comments regarding TO Cycle. I've been getting almost all of my work done there for the past 2 years and never had any issues with the owner or anyone else there. I actually chit chat with him quite a bit while there.

OP - if I remember correctly, TO Cycle is closed on Mondays.

Last edited:
They're open Monday-Friday 10am-6pm (Wednesday until 8pm) and Saturday 10am-4pm. Only closed Sunday.

Ah. I must have been thinking about winter hours.

went to TO Cycle but no luck.
Ontario CS the same.
Peterborough CS only had some really old ones that needed work.
Woods I need to call back.

All-in-all, it looks like I'll be clutchless for a while.

I'm surprised by the comments regarding TO Cycle. I've been getting almost all of my work done there for the past 2 years and never had any issues with the owner or anyone else there. I actually chit chat with him quite a bit while there.

OP - if I remember correctly, TO Cycle is closed on Mondays.

I agree. I have been going to T.O. cycle for years with no problem. I don't know, maybe it's different when they know you by name in there but I have heard a few people here are not happy with things there at the moment. It is a little under staffed right now, but even when it wasn't getting anyone on the phone was and is a nightmare.

Zdeno is still open-Lots of parts and very busy service dept.-they do charge but we all have to make a living-family business and they do know their stuff-Al's the man but his daughter Linda is a very sharp cookie-nice peeps also-519 745 7010

[SIZE=-1]Monday[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tuesday[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Wednesday[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Thursday[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Friday[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Saturday[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Closed.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9:30am-6:00pm[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9:30am- 6:00pm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]9:30am -6:00pm[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]9:30am - 6:00pm[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]10:00am - 2:00pm[/SIZE]

I gotta say "+1" on TO cycle... it would give me no pleasure to see any shop close it's doors, but owner of that place is some piece of work... some of the stuff he pulls is flat-out illegal. Shame, really.

Still wondering what they are doing illegally over there. No answer? I just want to know. If something truly illegal is going on I'd like to know about it.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom