Tmp pre paid track days | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tmp pre paid track days

daisoman

Site Supporter
Does any one know if they're transferable?

Can you just show up the day of or do I have to preregister?

Looks like I'll be getting the 3 day or 6 day

I wouldnt pre pay anything with TMP.

You may lose your money in the deal, if that place goes south.
I would NEVER ..EVER pre-pay anything at TMP, not even for a hotdog

I had a credit for 2x track days going back about three years ago. I was never able to use them up.

A buddy of mine and his friend went and used them a couple months ago.

Wasn't an issue, or hassle at all.

They still owe me $100 from last August for a day they cancelled. They sent me a few emails they'll reimburse me, I still don't have my $100...

I find this SOOOO funny!

At one point, no so long ago, if I said these kinds of things about TMP on this OPEN forum... I would have been banned from the property without question, I was directly told so in a secret special meeting...

My question now is...Where is CB to get all these people banned from the property??

:wink:

I find this SOOOO funny!

At one point, no so long ago, if I said these kinds of things about TMP on this OPEN forum... I would have been banned from the property without question, I was directly told so in a secret special meeting...

My question now is...Where is CB to get all these people banned from the property??

:wink:

You're in the "almost banned from TMP club" too eh? Ahh.. people are great!

I'll differ from the group here.

If the discount is good enough (25% or more) I would go for it. Since I started track riding four years ago everyone has been saying that TMP is on its last legs - in fact I think there was an actual power of sale situation at one point.

But it just keeps going, and I don't know of any recent developments that are likely to change that for 2014. Maybe the Fort Erie track will open and that will take all the business? :lmao:

I bought a 6 day pack last year. Never had a problem. No problems using them or anything.
If I can save some $$$. I will buy another 6 day pack. TMP isn't the best track, but for me it's close to home and it gives me another spot to ride. Places are disappearing to ride so until someone spends the lottery to build a world class track I will ride at TMP and only whine about the cars and there damn oil stains.

Despite of the constant negative reviews of TMP, I also had a pretty good experience with them for the last couple of years. Couple of times I emailed, then called and successfully rescheduled days I had pre-registered for. Also, 2 separate days this summer, Thursdays---track day has started, we did a session and due to rain, they suggested themselves to give us raincheck for any other day of our choice. Not saying negative reviews are lying, obviously people had a fair amount of bad experience, buy for me they were always great over the span of the last two summers. Can't beat the 30 min drive to the track either, that alone is priceless IMO :)

Wait so they might close down? I intend to use them all next year but since I'll probably be going with a friend I thought of buying the 6 day and share the savings.

Wait so they might close down? I intend to use them all next year but since I'll probably be going with a friend I thought of buying the 6 day and share the savings.
They have been on the verge of bankruptcy for a few years now. They were in a power of sale situation last year if I recall.

They could stay open for years or shut down tomorrow, nobody knows. Hence the advice to not pre-pay, especially this far out from the track season.

What am I missing here?
It's an old track. Are you telling us the owner has not paid off for the place already?

If they do go out of business what do you think will take it's place...home development?

That isn't valuable real estate - which is a good thing. It's in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, it's an old facility ... but that doesn't stop an owner from borrowing money against the property and pissing it away.

That isn't valuable real estate - which is a good thing. It's in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, it's an old facility ... but that doesn't stop an owner from borrowing money against the property and pissing it away.

I don't want to start a fight or anything, but isn't a bit inappropriate to speculate (or comment, if this is based on actual information) on Uli's personal financial decisions? He is an actual person who is known to and liked by many of us. We are not talking about some public-figure CEO type here...just a nice guy who has been involved with motorsports his whole life and happens to own a small race track in south central Ontario. He is more one of us than one of "them". Nobody gets rich running track days for motorcyclists in Ontario. Maybe we could be a little kinder / more respectful to the few folks who have the means and inclination to make it happen?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom