Tires | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tires

Bridgestone Exedra Max (bias ply) - they are kinda oddball tire sizes, not a huge choice.
Front Tire (Full Spec)120/90 R17
Rear Tire (Full Spec)160/80 R15
Much closer to what I expected, they will likely wear like iron.

Unfortunately there are no (as far as I know) manyfacturers making radial tires for midweight cruisers -- there isn't really a need as they typically see most of their miles on straight roads at moderate speeds, often with heavy loads. Also, most cruiser chassis are softly sprung and as stiff as a rubber band negating the need for the tires to be flexible.

A Shadow puts a peak 35hp and 38lbs of torque to the wheel at full blast, not bad for a bike in this category but it's never gonna break a bead loose.

Exactly lol.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Avon AM26 Roadrider are listed in your size never owned them but look nice.
You would expect the Brits to make a good rain tyre, this one is not.
but they do ride and wear like iron.

Avon Roadriders on my RD250 and my CB350four...they’re great tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like a deer on pavement ?

whats everyone's thoughts on mismatching tires? I currently have the stock Michelin Pilot Street's with 20k on them. Rear is toast however the front still has good depth and isn't rounded over. Besides the excellent mileage the rear really lacked any redeemable qualities (grip, wet or dry). I'm looking for a touring tire with a bit more grip (want to do a few track days) and the best options for 140/70r17 seems to be the Perelli Diablo Rosso or Dunlop Q3.

I guess my main concern is that the front tire is going to be more prone to sliding than the rear. Suck it up and just buy a matching front or can I get away with trying to squeeze some more life out of the stock tire?

^ you put 20 on the stock tires?
they are done, toast, toss'm

Q3's are a good street legal track tire
buy 2 of them and you're done

alright next tire question. I can find lots of options for the 110/70-17 fronts however there aren't a ton of 140/70-17 rear options, and most are out of stock if they do come in that size. Going up to a 150 has a lot more options and will fit - am I going to notice a giant difference sizing up?

alright next tire question. I can find lots of options for the 110/70-17 fronts however there aren't a ton of 140/70-17 rear options, and most are out of stock if they do come in that size. Going up to a 150 has a lot more options and will fit - am I going to notice a giant difference sizing up?
I remember reading on a ninja 300 (same tire size, similar bike) forum that many people did swap out the rear from 140 to 150 with no ill effects. The winter test edition of the same bike came with a 150 from factory, so I can't see it causing much harm other than a slight gearing difference. I would read around an r3 forum, I'm sure others have done it and can provide feedback for you.

interesting thread from a few years ago on this topic, R3 Tires

if you can find 150/65/17 it is the same circumference as 140/70/17
handling will change a bit though - turn in

2BgvDjl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom