Tire Suggestions for Ganny? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Suggestions for Ganny?

Mikel

It's kind of like a which oil should I use thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tire that they swear by for riding in the ganny?

It's kind of like a which oil should I use thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tire that they swear by for riding in the ganny?

A tire meant for soft sand works well but you'll destroy it quickly with the rocks and roots. I've used the kenda Millville with ok results. I hate the front tire but the rear lasts and offers decent traction on my RM250.

I use Kenda TrakMasters (DOT knobby) and have no complaints, and I've seen a guy in there on a DRz400SM with a big fat 17" front wheel and he still looked like he was having fun. There aren't too many rocky sections, but there is lots of sand.

Any good knobbies will do. Can run a decently low pressure since mostly sand (11psi or so).
Kendas were okay, Geomax were really good as well as the Starcoss, even the Motoz's were pretty awesome.

Any good knobbies will do. Can run a decently low pressure since mostly sand (11psi or so).
Kendas were okay, Geomax were really good as well as the Starcoss, even the Motoz's were pretty awesome.

If I get out on the bike I'll get a set of the geomax. My buddy loved his starcross.

I use Kenda TrakMasters (DOT knobby) and have no complaints, and I've seen a guy in there on a DRz400SM with a big fat 17" front wheel and he still looked like he was having fun. There aren't too many rocky sections, but there is lots of sand.

I guess it depends where you ride and how aggressive you want to be.

+1 for the motoz, excellent tire and they wear really well.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I liked the Trakmasters too.

I run a scorpion mid hard rear and mid soft front no issues

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This ... for the price of the tire, hard to go wrong. I've been out in Ganny 5 or six times this year and I start to see round leading edge on the knobbies. I have not noticed any issues through the sand hill climbs. I am probably too slow to notice any tire degradation. If I get stuck or down, it's me not the tire.

I expect to finish the season off on the same tire. Will probably try Maxxis Desert IT rear next season, as I will be mixing it up more between Ganny, Simcoe etc. So it will be less sandy season than this one.

Yah the stock on my KTM are the Geomax AT81. They have 30 hours on them, and I'm guessing they will last 15-20 hours more, maybe...? I might be getting Either Michelin Starcross or Bridgestone Battlecross.

Yes at Ganny mostly and no issues at all I actually like riding sand and find it enjoyable.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm running AT81's on my 350 right now. They're decent at Ganny, the rear more so than the front. I had Bridgestone M203/M204 on my old YZ250F and the front was better at Ganny than the AT81. Could just be the fact that it's a different bike too...

Mikel, what bike do you have?

They are super sweet. Only issue I've had, is that it's not great on a motocross track. I rode the 15 practice tracks and beefed some of the jumps, bottomed out the front forks like a dozen times that day, hope I didn't do too much damage.

They are super sweet. Only issue I've had, is that it's not great on a motocross track. I rode the 15 practice tracks and beefed some of the jumps, bottomed out the front forks like a dozen times that day, hope I didn't do too much damage.

I stick to the trails so that's not a concern for me. I've always had MX bikes for the trails so it would be nice to have something a little more trail oriented but take the beating and not have a useless headlight.

Have look at 2017 if your wallet can take it. ... Apparently they run smooth like Butter, because KTM put a counter balancer in them.

I have been using the Michelin M12 XC for a few years now and they wear very slow.
I haven't had any knobbies tear off on the rocks and I run them between 10-12lbs.
The Ganny single track is so much fun!!!!
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom