Tire recommendation for CBR250R... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire recommendation for CBR250R...

This - Pilot Activ. Had them on GS500 - great all-around tires. Someone else recommended Rosso. I have Rosso II on my CBR, great tires too, but more expensive, and I don't notice any excessive wear (Rosso II, not Rosso Corsa).

I've just been told that the Pilot Activ tires are discontinued. It wasn't clear if the entire line is discontinued or only in these particular sizes. Michelin introduced some new tire models this year with one line specifically targeted at smaller bikes like the CBR250 and Ninja 300; the Michelin Pilot Street. Radial tires available in 110/70-17 front and rear 130/70-17 or 140/70-17. I believe they're already available in some international markets but not sure when we'll see them here.

That's another issue I came into...only a few select brands (like 4 tires from the ones recommended in this thread) come in the sizes I need for my bike. I'm could change the profile / aspect ratios on the bike but I'm looking to stick with stock sizing. Too bad there aren't more tire importers to get sizes that are available in other markets.

Hey guys, looks like my tires are done. The rear for sure and the front should probably be replaced at the same time. Currently the bike has IRC Road Winners 110/70-17 and 140/70-17. I'm looking to replace both with something else. Currently the price for the IRC is around $300 (all in) for that set from Honda as I can't find anyone else that sells them here in Toronto (called Rosey Toes / Pete's Superbikes / Pro 6). Also, do you think it would adversely change the bike handling with a 150 tire in the rear? There's not many options for 140 size from what I've seen. Thanks!
Too bad I didn't see this earlier. Just sold my 3 sets of Pirelli's for $25 each set to get them gone. Each had 350 kms on them.

Too bad I didn't see this earlier. Just sold my 3 sets of Pirelli's for $25 each set to get them gone. Each had 350 kms on them.

Ouch I wish I didn't see this post! I would've bought all 3 sets off you!

So far the new tires feel really good so well see how they hold up!

I thought that was a beer.

I may be wrong but this brand mayyyy be Korean...

Edit : my bad...couldn't be more wrong...

Der brand ist Deutsch!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom