Tire pressure ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire pressure ?

Jay_GSXR

Can anyone tell me what psi I should keep my front and rear tires at? The bike is an 07 GSXR 600 and the tires are Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3.

Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what psi I should keep my front and rear tires at? The bike is an 07 GSXR 600 and the tires are Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3.

Thanks!

If there's nothing in the owner's manual, the Gixxer forums have suggested (and these are guys who both race and street ride) that 36/42 (i.e. 36 for the front, 42 for the rear) is a good AVERAGE psi for everyday street riding - if you track the bike, crazy aggressive driver, etc. etc. you'll have to figure that out with some more in-depth research.

Jay, doesn't your bike have threaded attachments on the lower side of the swing arm for spools? Just about any motorcycle shop will carry them, although you may want to look at some that offer crash protection as well as lift the bike onto a stand.

Yeah Ronnie, I didnt realize until I checked today that there is threaded attachments for spools. The only time I lifted it my brother just lifted it from the swingarm. I guess either way works.

Hey Jay,
First, check the factory stickers on the swingarm or frame for tire pressure guidelines.
I would set it to 36 front and 36 back. If you are riding with a passager, 42 in the back.
On the track i'd keep it around 33 front and back.
Hope this helps.

the factory stickers on the swingarm are for the OEM tires and not applicable to the Pirelli tire installed

Contact Uber Racing or Orion Motorsports, they are authorized pirelli dealers and can help you with setting proper pressures.

You'll quickly find that 99% of TIRE manufacturers(not bike manufacturers, who do not make tires) will recommend a higher front tire pressure than rear tire pressure.

Back
Top Bottom