Tire Installs By Ricardo AKA GTA Tire Guy | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire Installs By Ricardo AKA GTA Tire Guy

Great news sounds like he still is in business. Did he show up with his mobile trailor?

I couldn't see any info online promoting his business. Without the GTA boards I wouldn't know he even existed.

Great news sounds like he still is in business. Did he show up with his mobile trailor?

I couldn't see any info online promoting his business. Without the GTA boards I wouldn't know he even existed.

Ricardo always has both front & rear stands with him. He changed my tires and used his own stands (I did not have any at the time), and He did not have his trailer for this visit. He was moving a HD for another customer and as someone posted earlier, it gets expensive to travel around the GTA dragging a HD.

Contct info: Cell/text 416-457-3714 or gtatireguy@gmail.com

He replace mine too, can't go wrong with him!
13df42d016c9f95b4094819dfdc33aa3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case anyone else finds this thread: I contacted him and he told me in May he got in a bad accident and will not be doing tires any further.

Alternative suggestions welcome.

"Just in case anyone else finds this thread: I contacted him and he told me in May he got in a bad accident and will not be doing tires any further"

didn't realize this is old thread even gave a thumbs up. Any how hope he gets better

Friend just used Mikey Moto
3d601fceffa1a7d8293f3d5f57d89120.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Not mobile. It's $100 from him as far as I'm aware (no idea if that's a good rate or not).

Question here. Is there a reason why people buy tires and not have them installed by the seller?
Ordered online somewhere usually.

Reasons for that could be better pricing, local people didn't have the tire they wanted, wanted to buy a tire without scheduling with a local guy, found a deal on Kijiji or eBay...

You could ask this about any part for anything. Any number of reasons.

The tradeoff for saving a couple bucks by ordering online is that you have stiffed the local shops of their slim profit margin, so they will often want to charge more for the installation. It also means that if there is a problem there is little recourse. If you get a bad tire, a shop will normally take care of it. If you bought online then the installation shop says "not our problem".

It's funny what people do to save a couple of dollars. Take time to take wheels out. Drive to a local store. Unload the wheels and drag them inside. Wait until things are done. Load them back in the car. Drive back home. Install the wheels and take time to readjust and set the chain tension.

What a waste of time. I just booked an appointment next week to change my tires. Their tire price was great and costs $145 to install. They need just one hour. I wonder what kind of deals they are getting but, the local shop was cheaper than Fortnine so I'm happy with that.

It's funny what people do to save a couple of dollars. Take time to take wheels out. Drive to a local store. Unload the wheels and drag them inside. Wait until things are done. Load them back in the car. Drive back home. Install the wheels and take time to readjust and set the chain tension.

What a waste of time. I just booked an appointment next week to change my tires. Their tire price was great and costs $145 to install. They need just one hour. I wonder what kind of deals they are getting but, the local shop was cheaper than Fortnine so I'm happy with that.
Some people like working on their own bikes.

I go through at least 2 rear tires a season, sometimes three or four. Add in 5-10 oil changes, brakes, chain etc, and it quickly surpasses a $1000 a year in labour rates for basic maintenance items. I'd rather save the big jobs for the professionals and do the easy stuff myself. Spend the money on gas and go riding instead.

Best of all worlds is to buy the parts from a local shop and do the installs at home. Save all my maintenance work for rainy days. I've never felt that it takes actual physical effort to load or unload wheels and chain adjustment takes less time than I can finish my beer.

I'd counter that it is a complete waste of money and my time on a perfectly good riding day doing tire changes at a shop!

Back
Top Bottom