Time to stop waving | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to stop waving

Nothing wrong with starting an oil thread. Participating in one....ummm?

I use Minke Whale oil in my bike. It loves it, instantly solved my low oil pressure and rod knock issue. Even fixed my dying battery. Hard to get though, but some stranger online said it was the best, and my baby gets the best.

its all fun and games till you ride past a slow harley train, you'll be riding with 1 hand for an hour
Only if you’re a rookie.

Nope, we don't need more jerks, be positive/inclusive/community wave, return the vibe.
See me out there I will wave, to everyone.
I wave to everyone. I live the delayed reaction then the hyper-excited wave you get back after waving to a scooter or ebike rider.

But do you wave to guys on Spyders?

Some guys I know on Spyders are amongst the longest tenured and insanely experienced 2 wheel riders out there but just can't do 2 wheels anymore for medical reasons.

It's all the same wind, I wave at em, who cares.

Doing Canadian stuff down under is dumb.
claiming american behavior as canadian is so...canadian?

Wait, are we stealing valor?

"A more realistic explanation comes from the surge of returning service members after WWII, who bought military surplus motorcycles in droves. The abundance of motorcycles and the solidarity among veterans gave birth to the American biker culture as a whole, and motorcyclists in those days were eager to greet each other with a wave on the road. It wasn’t just as a biker thing, but also as a veteran thing – at that time, it was safe to assume that any male of that age group on a chopped Harley or Indian in those days had served in the war."

Another source claims it was an american harley thing:

"The misty-eyed answer is because back in 1904, Arthur Davidson and William Harley apparently passed each other while riding their motorcycles on the road in Milwaukee and, since they knew one another and worked together, each offered a wave of greeting; somebody saw this and thought it pretty cool, and next thing you knew, everyone on a bike was doing it."

claiming american behavior as canadian is so...canadian?

Wait, are we stealing valor?

"A more realistic explanation comes from the surge of returning service members after WWII, who bought military surplus motorcycles in droves. The abundance of motorcycles and the solidarity among veterans gave birth to the American biker culture as a whole, and motorcyclists in those days were eager to greet each other with a wave on the road. It wasn’t just as a biker thing, but also as a veteran thing – at that time, it was safe to assume that any male of that age group on a chopped Harley or Indian in those days had served in the war."

Another source claims it was an american harley thing:

"The misty-eyed answer is because back in 1904, Arthur Davidson and William Harley apparently passed each other while riding their motorcycles on the road in Milwaukee and, since they knew one another and worked together, each offered a wave of greeting; somebody saw this and thought it pretty cool, and next thing you knew, everyone on a bike was doing it."

Lol. All this time, i thought it was a Jeep thing.

Of course why not?
Everyone except rukus, ebikes, or scooters, because its confusing for them, they don't get it.
I always give scooter riders a big wave. Don't forget about the "Mad Bastard" gang. And our own Wobblycat on his Darthscooter.

Back
Top Bottom