Time to stop waving | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to stop waving

Mostly follow this rule. I don't wave to bicycles on a motorbike. I don't wave to motorbikes on a bicycle. I don't wave to e-bikes on purpose (some are damned hard to tell and I mistake them for real bikes).
it's that awkward moment when you need to make the choice to wave or not

Sometimes I wonder if it is a little dangerous - especially for new riders.

Looking back, I can think of a couple of instances when/where a/some rider(s) felt obligated to return the wave when I gave them the wave (even if they were in the middle of an intersection and traffic ahead them just started to move).
This one time I remember waving out to this biker going the other direction as I was waiting at the light - this person almost rear-ending the vehicle in front (it suddenly braked) as he was looking my way while giving the biker wave.
I would've felt equally responsible if he ran into that vehicle.

Ever since then I avoid acknowledging bikes going the other direction unless I know for certain that they are safe.

That being said, I will helmet tap regardless to warn them of upcoming popo traps - just as many have done for me in the past.

So... this is just a troll thread but I will bite.
Wave when I can in the summer when everyone is out riding.
When it is under 10 deg C...... everyone waves.

It's not like it's hard work, so why not? I like a two finger wave when it's somewhere bikes aren't all over. I even wave at Harleys and scooters, figuring the two-wheel club is big enough for everyone. The Harley riders 50/50 wave back or grit their teeth and studiously ignore, while the scooter riders just look confused...

The amount of waves I give is dependent on the number of bikes on the road and how much fun I'm having. If it's a sunny day on the 507 I don't want to be spending my whole ride waving. There are a portion of waves that I will give simply due to the guilt of proliferating "harley riders don't wave" though

"two wheel club" - do you discriminate against can-ams? I often do.
scooters can qualify for waves if they don't have pedals.

I don’t discriminate. Everyone has a dream, maybe being on an XR is it.

I still remember owning the bike for maybe week 1, cruising on 401 out to Shannonville after work and this guy in a pickup like 10 cars ahead and 1 lane over gives me this huge thumbs up out the window. I was like damn, do you even know what bike this is at that distance? Respect.

I have noted that French riders will often take their right foot off the peg and wave it an instant as they pass ... thought it a personal idiosyncrasy initially but exercised by many riders as they strafed the Martime Alps in the South of France ... Cool ?

I have noted that French riders will often take their right foot off the peg and wave it an instant as they pass ... thought it a personal idiosyncrasy initially but exercised by many riders as they strafed the Martime Alps in the South of France ... Cool ?

Not just France, they do that all over Europe as well.

With the hand guards on the DL it makes it harder for a quick wave. Doing he nod more now But yes always wave at kids.

I experience something similar when I thought bikes were pussy magnets, nope just other dudes and kids like them.

Great for pedos I suppose

(its a joke, dont ban me)

Back
Top Bottom