Time to stop waving | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to stop waving

If you don’t wave back I instantly judge you as a newbie M1 rider right out of riding school who just doesn’t realize it’s a thing you should be doing.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

If you don’t wave back I instantly judge you as a newbie M1 rider right out of riding school who just doesn’t realize it’s a thing you should be doing.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Waving was a topic when I went to riding school. The instructor said low wave is ideal. Two fingers if it's not safe to do so. The higher wave or "Hi Mom" wave as he put it would make you look like a newbie. I waved at every single bike when I started to the point that I found myself waving when in my truck.

Arm straight out. Maybe when i get experienced I'll be cool.

We were riding in Florida once coming up to a sportbike ahead in the oncoming lane. We waved, biker style.

He stood up on the footpegs, bolt upright with both hands off the bars and gave us a full military salute.

LOL! Very funny and super-cool!
Was he also wearing a sesame street helmet?

Thought when I went to the MGB, I’d give up the rider wave. Now it’s waving to other British car drivers. Oh, and school bus drivers wave at each other and even the occasional city bus driver will give a wave to a school bus driver.

Everyone is damn wave happy!

I’ll be rider waving this spring with the cb500 four.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought when I went to the MGB, I’d give up the rider wave. Now it’s waving to other British car drivers. Oh, and school bus drivers wave at each other and even the occasional city bus driver will give a wave to a school bus driver.

Everyone is damn wave happy!

I’ll be rider waving this spring with the cb500 four.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t forget the jeep waves too

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I remember being on one of the few twisty roads in ontario, waving at a guy mid corner, he must have been new, and recently bought his shiny red ducati and he stalled it downhill midcorner(trying to wave at me) he was short so he was trying to save it by tippy-toeing but because the front of the bike was lower than the rear, he was having a hard time of it, I pulled over to a safe spot, hit the kill switch and went over to help him, but by then he had already dropped it. I helped pick it up and asked if he was ok, as Im walking back over to my bike, he stalls and drops it again, I help again and ask if hes ok to ride it out of there(he insists on it)

anyway moral of the story, waving is bad.

I noticed some places there are just way too many motorcyclists so it would be absurd to wave. Where motorcycles are way more practical and common.

This reminds me of Thailand. There are more 75-150cc scooter or motorbikes than there are cars on the road, so obviously none of them wave at each other.

But all the big bikes (basically 250cc and up) notice and wave at each other. Mostly farangs...

This reminds me of Thailand. There are more 75-150cc scooter or motorbikes than there are cars on the road, so obviously none of them wave at each other.

But all the big bikes (basically 250cc and up) notice and wave at each other. Mostly farangs...
I got all the waves in full gear. Must have looked like an astronaut to the locals.
?‍?

did you get confusing looks when you took off your helmet then?

Yeah, especially when it's 35C, everyone's riding in flip-flops and you're ATGATTed up to the gills.

Crazy falangs.
42 + humidity....

Silly falang. Everyone knows you're supposed to leave Chiang Mai by April and head south to the islands.
I arrived in may. ?
But it was a trip I took on a whim. 2 week planning and gone.

Back
Top Bottom