Time to stop waving | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to stop waving

bigpoppa

Yeah I said it, been watching Europeans, they never wave while riding, and I realize its getting kinda tiresome and dumb, and I will not be waving at riders anymore

Its probably just a dumb american invention, like harley or mcdonalds.

Last edited:
Yeah I said it, been watching Europeans, they never wave while riding, and I realize its getting kinda tiresome and dumb, and I will not be waving at riders anymore

In Australia we just nod, only time I'd wave is if it's someone I actually know.

Can't be an American thing, most riders i see on Harley's don't wave. Now on the mac'd's i don't know about i never shop it the place

Reactions: LBV
I like the implied friendliness of the wave.
I do not like the implied risk of leaving one hand from the handle-bar.
P'raps the nod is the next best thing.

I like the implied friendliness of the wave.
I do not like the implied risk of leaving one hand from the handle-bar.
P'raps the nod is the next best thing.

its all fun and games till you ride past a slow harley train, you'll be riding with 1 hand for an hour

its all fun and games till you ride past a slow harley train, you'll be riding with 1 hand for an hour
At least they are side x side with very little space between them so you cam get past hundreds of bikes quickly.

Nope, we don't need more jerks, be positive/inclusive/community wave, return the vibe.
See me out there I will wave, to everyone.

Wait, are you saying europeans arent friendly?

I wave to riders in my car because I'm an ex rider.

Nobody waves back :'(

it's a bit more than a nod in this part of Aus.
It's a nod/twist of the head saying "ain't it great". Never could quite get it.

Flipping a few fingers off the left lever is what I usually do - usually it's accompanied by a nod.

I noticed some places there are just way too many motorcyclists so it would be absurd to wave. Where motorcycles are way more practical and common. You can ride here and pass maybe 5 people on a good day I find.

It's not like it's hard work, so why not? I like a two finger wave when it's somewhere bikes aren't all over. I even wave at Harleys and scooters, figuring the two-wheel club is big enough for everyone. The Harley riders 50/50 wave back or grit their teeth and studiously ignore, while the scooter riders just look confused...

Back
Top Bottom