Time to replace my 'uninspiring' motorcycle... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Time to replace my 'uninspiring' motorcycle...

Here you go. 1975 goldwing 1000 (first year of the goldwing). Looks all original. $2350. This year wing is a naked.
Probably needs close to a grand in maintenance. but being the first year wing its quite collectable and will only go up in value while you get to ride it. Keep it OEM stock. HONDA GOLDWING GL1 - 1975 | Other | London | Kijiji

EDIT - Your avatar thingy says your next bike should be a 1000...

Last edited:
the ktm rc390 will be just as uninspiring if not more than the rebel 500. it is a single cylinder entry level bike, you will want something else after a week of riding it. it looks cool though to the average person they might mistake it for an actual sport bike.

bikes i would recommend for you. triumph street triple, ktm 790, ktm smc690. honda cbf650,

i highly doubt you will sell your rebel 500 for 6-7k. not being an ******* but you can get a 2019 for 7k + HST.

i just sold a 2017 rebel 500 abs with 1000km on it for 5000 + HST. and that is dealer price, private you can get for less
Wow thanks for that. I remember a few months ago people were listing them for 6500+ for 2017, but those are gone so market has gone down a bit.
Thanks for the note on the other bikes though, appreciate it.

Well I have seen a few for sale just out of your budget. So my vote is up the budget and go KTM 1190 Adventure.
I was in the same boat in that my Harley Davidson Road Glide was comfortable, practical and reliable. Yawn boring
But I wanted luggage, I wanted day trip comfortable, I wanted chewed up bad asphalt, gravel, old rail beds, high way, twisties, all terrain all day kinda bike.
Oh ya and I want it exciting, I wanted it to sound deep and angry,

It has come through in every way.

I’ve gone down a gravel road that turned into a seasonal road come out on a twisty road then bombed over 200kmhr in Mexico of course
I’ve done a day trip from Bowmanville to Calabogie for lunch.
I’ve taken tools to a job site delivered a motorcycle seat to a buddy.
Even carry a mountain bike to go mountain biking.

The 1190 adventure does it all and does it all well.
Except the budget part but hey I bought mine used with lots of good parts for just out of your range.

A fully farkled 1190 seems to be going for around 10-11k still. If you go that way make sure it has had air box upgrades and heat shield issues seen to.

Back
Top Bottom