This is How You Pass A Motorcycle Licence Test In California | GTAMotorcycle.com

This is How You Pass A Motorcycle Licence Test In California

Do both wheels have to stay within the white lines on that circle?
It looks pretty tight for a big cruiser.

That's the learner permit test in California.

In 1987 They did the first bit pointing to the item they called out. The second was two cones side by side. Serpentine up around the cones. Complete circle at top Serpentine back down. Then circle at bottom and backup the middle of the cones. At the top you turned and drive straight at another tester at high speeds and do an emergency stop. No feet down at all. Once everyone did this or tried and failed. We all went out to the fron of the parking lot on a four way corner. One by one we had to exit onto the street straight through the intersection and turn left on the first street. Do a uturn no feet down and back out. Back to the intersection to turn left at lights take first left another uturn no feet down back out and first left into the mall back to tester. Learners permit on a Monday passed final test on the Friday. My mechanic at the time turned my idle screw up so my bike would do 5-10 mph at idle. Only people to have problems showed up on stretched Harley and V65 Magna. Just to big. Instructor asked and I lowned my bike to one guy. Someone else the other. Not to worried about my $275 1977 CJ360T Honda back then.

In 1980, you rode by a tester who planted himself on a busy live intersection.
Drive up to intersection, changing lane to turn left at light. Go one block, turn left. Left at first road. Turn left onto original street. Lane change to turn right. Turn right back into facility parking lot.

Done

When I did my test at the Keele and 401 site (anyone old enough to remember that place) you had to kick start your bike if it was equipped with one and a guy on a harley couldn't get his going. A number of us had only done the written test so we still had a no 400 series restriction, of course we got there via the 401. The final road test in Oshawa was pretty much as Lowrider described.

In 1980, you rode by a tester who planted himself on a busy live intersection.
Drive up to intersection, changing lane to turn left at light. Go one block, turn left. Left at first road. Turn left onto original street. Lane change to turn right. Turn right back into facility parking lot.

Done
Been there, done that.

We illegally rode our bikes to the test with no license.
You couldn't do it any other way.
Unless someone doubled you to the facility

In Brantford in the 80's we stood around in the parking lot of O'Tooles Roadhouse waiting for our turn to do the road test.
Me on my honda xl250r at 16, that was the best feeling.
I saw a guy on a 450 hondamatic ride through the pylons, over an examiner and straight into a picnic table. Strangely, he was screaming "There's no clutch" over and over again the whole time he was doing it.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

In Quebec you got one along with your car license.

When my Dad was young, there was no license for a motorcycle

[/QUOTE]
Do both wheels have to stay within the white lines on that circle?
It looks pretty tight for a big cruiser.

Not an issue for a cruiser rider with any amount of skill.

But therein lies the problem - it seems like California is actually testing for skills. Here in Ontario, if you have a pulse and a crayon, congratulations, here's your motorcycle licence. Or your class G licence. Or hell, your class A licence...whatever one you wanted. You choose. Just check your desired box in your choice of language.

I think it is an issue.
Even this small sportbike has its rear wheel outside of those tiny lines

He does indeed go outside the lines whenever he switches from straight line to circle and back.

I'm sure there's a couple of people who could do it here, but not more, and even they may need a bike without a seat, and some practice time.

He does indeed go outside the lines whenever he switches from straight line to circle and back.

I'm sure there's a couple of people who could do it here, but not more, and even they may need a bike without a seat, and some practice time.
:LOL: maybe throw several big logs and cinder blocks across the path, then we can give it a try.

You can also just take the MSF class and then take your passing certificate to the DMV, pass your written, and you will get your full license.

The test is harder in CA, but most people that are new don't take it.

Ah. Which car?
Honda
BMW or
Porsche?

Back
Top Bottom