Thinking of moving to a new city...suggestions, ideas etc are welcome | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking of moving to a new city...suggestions, ideas etc are welcome

Tyendenaga Rez is just east of me
all the smuggled cigarette vendors are now weed stores

after they started to pop up the band police started to hassle them
band called an emergency meeting of elders and invited the police chief

he was basically told hands-off or you'll be in a box in the ground
OPP has no jurisdiction so it's the wild west on the rez

Tyendenaga Rez is just east of me
all the smuggled cigarette vendors are now weed stores

after they started to pop up the band police started to hassle them
band called an emergency meeting of elders and invited the police chief

he was basically told hands-off or you'll be in a box in the ground
OPP has no jurisdiction so it's the wild west on the rez
I thank those guys all the time! Way back, they used to import smokes and liquor from the US -- maybe they still do. In 2000 I bought a confiscated 1997 Carver Santego with 60 hours on the meter for $5000 at a proceeds of crime auction -- it was caught moving 1000l of $9/l vodka from the US to Canada.

Reactions: J_F
I’m looking to make a move from Hamilton sometime in the next couple years to around Midland, Moonstone, Penetang area.

Better riding roads, simcoe county forest for dirt biking and snowmobiling. Works for me. I should be able to sell my house in Hamilton and get something much nicer and potentially with some property for the same money.

Sort of have cold feet right now though. I don’t want to sell, go all in up there and realize I want to come back only to have lost ground on the housing market around here and have to come up with a bunch of cash.

I might buy a cheaper house up there sooner then I plan to move and use it part time, reno/flip, or keep as a rental in the future if I do make the move.

There is typically some houses around for $250,000-$350,000 which is a nice entry point for a first time buyer. The ones under $300,000 will either be pretty small or need work however.

Lots of options outside of the GTA just depends what works for you.

I’m looking to make a move from Hamilton sometime in the next couple years to around Midland, Moonstone, Penetang area.

Better riding roads, simcoe county forest for dirt biking and snowmobiling. Works for me. I should be able to sell my house in Hamilton and get something much nicer and potentially with some property for the same money.

Sort of have cold feet right now though. I don’t want to sell, go all in up there and realize I want to come back only to have lost ground on the housing market around here and have to come up with a bunch of cash.

I might buy a cheaper house up there sooner then I plan to move and use it part time, reno/flip, or keep as a rental in the future if I do make the move.

There is typically some houses around for $250,000-$350,000 which is a nice entry point for a first time buyer. The ones under $300,000 will either be pretty small or need work however.

That's actually a good idea. If you can swing it, pick up a small place as a 'cottage' for yourself and then go up more and more to see how you like the lifestyle. If you can swing both properties/mortgages then I think it's the easiest way to do this.

Limited amount of jobs up there or many of us would move.

Why not rent your place out in Hamilton and rent up there for while to see if you like it?

That's actually a good idea. If you can swing it, pick up a small place as a 'cottage' for yourself and then go up more and more to see how you like the lifestyle. If you can swing both properties/mortgages then I think it's the easiest way to do this.

99% chance this is the route I take. I bought in Hamilton 10 years ago so my current mortgage isn’t a whole lot to handle.

I have a bit of a head start as well that my gf and her family are from the area (her family is still there) and all carpenters. So her and I could buy, reno and flip relatively easy if we wanted to come back to Hamilton. Wouldn’t hit a huge home run but the return would be decent.

I’ve actually been there I think 5 of the last 8 weekends so I know the area and love it. Just not sure I want to give up the things around here I love.

Limited amount of jobs up there or many of us would move.

Why not rent your place out in Hamilton and rent up there for while to see if you like it?

I hear you. For me it adds about 20 minutes to my commute. Yes job options are limited but not terrible. I just mentioned my rough plan after the OP bumped the thread.

I don’t disagree with that either. If I went that way I would probably buy and not rent but yes keep my home in Hamilton as a rental. I could actually see myself keeping the current house forever. That throws a wrench in the plans of buying something nicer for the same money but the income from the Hamilton house would offset any mortgage payments.

Now I’m confusing myself again on what I should do lol.

I hear you. For me it adds about 20 minutes to my commute. Yes job options are limited but not terrible. I just mentioned my rough plan after the OP bumped the thread.

I don’t disagree with that either. If I went that way I would probably buy and not rent but yes keep my home in Hamilton as a rental. I could actually see myself keeping the current house forever. That throws a wrench in the plans of buying something nicer for the same money but the income from the Hamilton house would offset any mortgage payments.

Now I’m confusing myself again on what I should do lol.
As much as the rental seems good on the surface, I wouldnt do it. Living in midland and driving to hamilton to fix the house would suck. Hiring a property manager puts a damper on the finances. I would pull the plug and move north if employment allows.

We moved from aurora to springwater with no regrets (well mostly, the aurora house would have appreciated faster, but we couldnt afford the house we wanted in springwater without selling aurora).

As much as the rental seems good on the surface, I wouldnt do it. Living in midland and driving to hamilton to fix the house would suck. Hiring a property manager puts a damper on the finances. I would pull the plug and move north if employment allows.

We moved from aurora to springwater with no regrets (well mostly, the aurora house would have appreciated faster, but we couldnt afford the house we wanted in springwater without selling aurora).
Not necessarily, a few friends have rental duplexes in Windsor and they have a management firm. They love it.

That’s a very good point. Something I would have to consider for sure but thankfully I can’t see myself renting Hamilton as a first move in the process so if I did that I would be pretty well sorted out at that point and able to weight the pros and cons.

It’s that price appreciation in the back of my head that I can’t seem to let go of. Glad to hear your enjoying Springwater!

Back
Top Bottom