Things learned during Covid | GTAMotorcycle.com

Things learned during Covid

I learned to be more cynical, something I thought impossible.

I haven't had travel medical insurance since before covid and am now looking at a questionnaire. The first two questions are:

1) Have you had a medical check-up within the last eighteen months?

Answer: No because my GP won't see me.

2) In the last 12 months have you had more than one visit to hospital emergency room for a medical emergency?

Answer: Yes because my GP won't see me.

What I learned:

I don't need as many things as I have. I'd be happy with a 600sq' + and a 15,000sq' garage.
Trying times bring out the best and worst in people.
To trust gov'ts and media less.
Social media can really **** with reality.
WFH sucks.
Nurses and PSWs make too little when compared to others serving the public.
To resist lockdowns in the future.

How tribal things can get.
That staying inside for long periods of time can make you a hermit (and gain weight).
How much work it is to have the kids in the house while you're working.
How awesome your neighbourhood can become when everybody helps each other.
That a lot of people are disconnected from the reality of people that are less fortunate in times of crisis.
Shooting a bow and arrow.
That the government contradicts itself in broad daylight and people have short memories.
I can do a 90-day run streak in the middle of winter...if i put my mind to it.
How ****** strokes are and that i have to take my health seriously if i want to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible.
That we are ill prepared for a real apocalypse.
WFH is great. Then its not so great. Then you get used to it as it becomes a habit. And then it takes all the energy in the world to get back in the office :ROFLMAO:
How traumatic lockdowns can be for kids if the parents don't handle it properly.

I've learned which friends are out to lunch on their perspective on reality, and which friends are real friends who will stick with you through thick and thin.

As for new skills...nope. :(
You learned how to check valve lash in your bike. Next pandemic you can finish off the reassembly lesson.

You learned how to check valve lash in your bike. Next pandemic you can finish off the reassembly lesson.
I feel personally attacked! This winter I want to do the brake fluid change.

Hopefully I can manage that.

Back
Top Bottom