They call me O.G. | GTAMotorcycle.com

They call me O.G.

FireBoy

Just copped me a new one (ZX14R) and can't wait for Spring to start ?

I used to be a bit active on this site back around 2010 when I first copped my Ninja 250r as a 1st year noob (DracosWrath)
All the boys used to laugh at and make fun of me when I would show up at some of the meets, with my little puny bike.

I would like to talk to some of those boys today and see if they are still laughing AT MY NINJA ?
No but seriously I will spank ?

So greetings brothers & sisters in 2 wheels - I look forward to this new chapter.

wb, hope you find better people to ride with

Also curious how much you paying in insurance

Just copped me a new one (ZX14R) and can't wait for Spring to start ?

I used to be a bit active on this site back around 2010 when I first copped my Ninja 250r as a 1st year noob (DracosWrath)
All the boys used to laugh at and make fun of me when I would show up at some of the meets, with my little puny bike.

I would like to talk to some of those boys today and see if they are still laughing AT MY NINJA ?
No but seriously I will spank ?

So greetings brothers & sisters in 2 wheels - I look forward to this new chapter.
Nice gif (i worked on that movie btw ;) )

Nice bike and don't worry about spanking, I do that all the time ...;)

Nice gif (i worked on that movie btw ;) )
I did too, well not on the movie, but the jet sound recordings. They were done on a carrier off Coronado on Christmas day in '84.

I was in charge of visualizing/laying out the vfx for the aerial flight scenes, integrating cg cameras with live action elements. worked on it for more than 2 years and it still hasn't seen the light of day :(
You mean to tell me that you are the person in charge of the coolest part of the coolest movie of all time?
The movie that I'm dying to see specifically because of the things that you (claim) to be responsible for?

:unsure:Is this guy a troll?!
Or am I going to be kissing the ground this person walks on from now on?! :unsure:

lmao. I was part of a large team, and I had to report to a cg supervisor and a vfx supervisor. also every decision we made was finalled by the clients (not really in charge I guess)
there were over 700 vfx shots and almost 80 people worked on it over the course of post production

lmao. I was part of a large team, and I had to report to a cg supervisor and a vfx supervisor. also every decision we made was finalled by the clients (not really in charge I guess)
there were over 700 vfx shots and almost 80 people worked on it over the course of post production

Is this Pinewood Studios down at Lakeshore? I've done work for them as well.

Mad props to you guys who followed their dreams, vfx seems like a pipe dream to me, cut throat competition and hard to find work, and the pay doesnt reflect this, you would probably make way more money for way less effort as a software dev(imo)

I believe one of the forum members here correctly said passion = easy to exploit

While i agree that at a junior level, the salaries are really bad. Especially at places like MPC, they do get better once you have some experience. And also it depends on how good you are at your job/selling yourself etc.
I'm quite happy at the moment. But yea the IT industry probably pays way more :)

also in 100% agreement of that last statement, someone thats doing a job they love will always be easier to exploit, especially when there's hundreds of people lining up to replace you if you slip up.

While i agree that at a junior level, the salaries are really bad. Especially at places like MPC, they do get better once you have some experience. And also it depends on how good you are at your job/selling yourself etc.
I'm quite happy at the moment. But yea the IT industry probably pays way more :)

also in 100% agreement of that last statement, someone thats doing a job they love will always be easier to exploit, especially when there's hundreds of people lining up to replace you if you slip up.

Also I feel like VFX is an industry where you cant be a mediocre guy, mediocre accountants are still working, mediocre plumbers can make a living, but if your not in the top 10% you probably wont find work in vfx

your portfolio/demo reel better be AMAZING or you wont even get a second thought

Edit:
sorry I went on a bit of a rant there, flashbacks from my youth

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom