The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 317 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Private sale. Its posted for $2,500.00 after seeing some similar bike for 3k+. Buyer asked for a discount of $2,200.00 and i sent it away for 2,350.00. New tires, chain, brakes from 2 years ago which i didn't really used it a lot due to pandemic.

$2350 would have been a fair price back when you were looking to trade it in, but as you've seen with today's crazy COVID pricing, you let it go for a steal. On the bright side, it was likely a very quick sale.

Trade-in value is always going to be a LOT less than private sale value. Dealers want to make money off it, otherwise it's not worth the effort. On the flip side, you only pay tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new bike. So that $1500 would have saved you $195 on the Triumph. Or looking at it another way, you would have had to sell the CBR privately for $1695 just to break even with trading it. So at $2350, you did well as long as you didn't spend too much on those new parts.

$2350 would have been a fair price back when you were looking to trade it in, but as you've seen with today's crazy COVID pricing, you let it go for a steal. On the bright side, it was likely a very quick sale.

Trade-in value is always going to be a LOT less than private sale value. Dealers want to make money off it, otherwise it's not worth the effort. On the flip side, you only pay tax on the difference between the trade-in and the new bike. So that $1500 would have saved you $195 on the Triumph. Or looking at it another way, you would have had to sell the CBR privately for $1695 just to break even with trading it. So at $2350, you did well as long as you didn't spend too much on those new parts.
Mileage is 50K. Using it to drive downtown to work whenever i can since 2012. 60km one way. Gas is +-$2.00/day + free parking. Good return of investment IMHO.

On another note, I asked for insurance quotations from different companies for 2022 Panigale V4. Cheapest was TD for 1.5k about 2 weeks ago, today i got $897.00 annual. He said he thought the key was the mileage for a year. First i indicated 2k/annually then i changed it to "200" and he was surprised to see it went down too.

Is that even possible and what are the implications if you make a claim and have clearly driven more than the allotted “200” kms?

Is that even possible and what are the implications if you make a claim and have clearly driven more than the allotted “200” kms?
This is a good question, I always wondered what the fine print on the mileage number was. Is it a promise to your insurance company that you absolutely not drive more than that in a year? Can they use it to deny claims, assuming they had good evidence?

I was wondering it myselft. Unless it's new which is obvious very low mileage non at all... First of, they really don't ask what is the current mileage of the bike

I was wondering it myselft. Unless it's new which is obvious very low mileage non at all... First of, they really don't ask what is the current mileage of the bike
I guess that limits your riding distance. Wouldn't want the site of a claim to be more than 100km from home.

Advice: don't try to cheat a cheater. Insurance companies are very good at claim denial -- be certain an underwriter will check the UVIP and odometer mileage before paying out.

$2350 would have been a fair price back when you were looking to trade it in, but as you've seen with today's crazy COVID pricing, you let it go for a steal.
I don't agree. dozens of cbr250's are listed at~ 2800-3000. some with as little as 10k. They are not moving at that price...

Ive been watching this 2010 ninja 250 for 3 weeks. 16k
ex cond 2650$. too bad its green lol. has not sold in 3 weeks...kijiji ads are just that- ads, not sales. 2010 ninja 250 | Sport Bikes | Petawawa | Kijiji

I guess that limits your riding distance. Wouldn't want the site of a claim to be more than 100km from home.

Advice: don't try to cheat a cheater. Insurance companies are very good at claim denial -- be certain an underwriter will check the UVIP and odometer mileage before paying out.

With cars, Desjardins checks the mileage you report on your annual/biannual license plate renewal, and adjusts your premium accordingly. This is just one reason people see their premiums go up. On the other hand, when they see the annual mileage decrease, they do nothing. Doesn't affect bikes since you don't report mileage.

I don't agree. dozens of cbr250's are listed at~ 2800-3000. some with as little as 10k. They are not moving at that price...

Ive been watching this 2010 ninja 250 for 3 weeks. 16k
ex cond 2650$. too bad its green lol. has not sold in 3 weeks...kijiji ads are just that- ads, not sales. 2010 ninja 250 | Sport Bikes | Petawawa | Kijiji

Give it a couple weeks. We're still on the colder side of spring.

I hope I stays this way. Just wanted really to do some short rides on some nice weekends. Wanted to preserve mileage as low as I can for good trade-in for electric motorcycle in the future. With this kind of bike, i'm too scared to risk riding during weekdays or rush hour. I believe it's not really enjoyable especially for a short guy like me. Just wanted to experience and owned this kind of technology/engineering.

Last edited:
edit re: 250 nnja
haha you're getting me worried lol; Im looking for a new used daily beater..asked this guy if he'll take 2650 w safety.
if he's game I will go out to inspect it - couple hours each way for me. jeez. green. Im 62 ffs lol. shrug.

Last edited:
haha you're getting me worried lol; Im looking for a new used daily beater..asked this guy if he'll take 2650 w safety.
if he's game I will go out to inspect it - couple hours each way for me. jeez. green. Im 61 ffs lol. shrug.
safety is only when we buy it the first time and then there's no more right? I was asked for a safety from one buyer too but I never did a safety, only renewals.

safety is only when we buy it the first time and then there's no more right? I was asked for a safety from one buyer too but I never did a safety, only renewals.
You need a current safety to get plates. After that, youbdont need another one until a new owner wants plates. It has been that way for a long time. I highly suspect that will change after the provincial election and we will move to recurrent safety at an interval (my guess is every two years or so).

anyone with a hawk eye ?
looking at this ex500 in the pic and it looks like it has the wrong headlight or it has been damaged. bad fit or? or is it just me?

Looks all stock, but $3K for a 19 year old UJM ? Try half that WITH a UVIP and a safety.

Kawasaki_Ninja_500R

You need a current safety to get plates. After that, youbdont need another one until a new owner wants plates. It has been that way for a long time. I highly suspect that will change after the provincial election and we will move to recurrent safety at an interval (my guess is every two years or so).

Lots of rumours to that effect and not cheap.

yeah... I don't like the way the glass of that headlight doesn't quite fit the opening. maybe I should give Bill a call...
I did a quick GIS and I think they're just like that. The glass fits the opening, the dark bit is inside the headlight housing. I don't remember it being that pronounced in person, but it's been a few years and it's probably just the photo lighting.

Reactions: TK4

Back
Top Bottom