The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 386 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Boy that brings back memories of rebuilding my 89 in my family room one winter. Wife was pretty understanding.
I always liked the old slabside gsxr750.

I need another project like I need a hole in the head...

Well, truly; I currently have 4 working bikes. None of them are projects. No space regardless.

I just have to wait until you're ready to unload one of your many projects. 3 on the go? And one at your parents place?

Your wife is more than understanding!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I always liked the old slabside gsxr750.

I need another project like I need a hole in the head...

Well, truly; I currently have 4 working bikes. None of them are projects. No space regardless.

I just have to wait until you're ready to unload one of your many projects. 3 on the go? And one at your parents place?

Your wife is more than understanding!

Well, at least none of them are inside the house. Yet.

Well, at least none of them are inside the house. Yet.
My wife put a stop to bike parts in the house after I started bringing tanks and small parts inside the house for refinishing.

She OK'd a furnace for the garage and all is well.

Reactions: Ash
My wife took GREAT exception to me washing engine parts in the dishwasher (if you do it right when it's finished the bearings just drop out on the floor of the dishwasher)... I had to buy a new dishwasher.
Later we were arguing about something, I don't remember what, but she told me when she is gone I can decorate the "expletive deleted" house with motorcycles... so I did.
Years later my daughter brought over her new boyfriend for me to meet. he came in the house and his eyes were as wide as plates, he leaned into the daughter and whispered "There's a MOTORCYCLE in the KITCHEN". She says "Don't go down to the living room then"

My wife put a stop to bike parts in the house after I started bringing tanks and small parts inside the house for refinishing.

She OK'd a furnace for the garage and all is well.
I'll do tire changes in the winter in my laundry room. Heat the tires up infront of the gas fireplace.

Sometimes you do what you have to. No garage, but a freezing 10x10 shed full of tools and bike stuff.

Bikes inside would be a no-no with my wife.

My brother and I rebuilt a yz250 in his living room. We had demo'ed the floor, so it was down to subfloor. Nothing to wreck. This was also before he had a wife and kids.

My wife took GREAT exception to me washing engine parts in the dishwasher (if you do it right when it's finished the bearings just drop out on the floor of the dishwasher)... I had to buy a new dishwasher.
Later we were arguing about something, I don't remember what, but she told me when she is gone I can decorate the "expletive deleted" house with motorcycles... so I did.
Years later my daughter brought over her new boyfriend for me to meet. he came in the house and his eyes were as wide as plates, he leaned into the daughter and whispered "There's a MOTORCYCLE in the KITCHEN". She says "Don't go down to the living room then"
Preheated and baked the head pipes for a fj11 to cure some kal-gard gun kote in the family oven long ago never did that again.

I'll do tire changes in the winter in my laundry room. Heat the tires up infront of the gas fireplace.

Sometimes you do what you have to. No garage, but a freezing 10x10 shed full of tools and bike stuff.

Bikes inside would be a no-no with my wife.

My brother and I rebuilt a yz250 in his living room. We had demo'ed the floor, so it was down to subfloor. Nothing to wreck. This was also before he had a wife and kids.

Rebuilt my CB750 in the basement before I built my garage. No way was I hauling it up the stairs without knowing it ran.

Thoughts on this one? Guessing $2500 will take it.

Thoughts on this one? Guessing $2500 will take it.
Back around 2012ish I bought the same bike in mint shape with low km’s for similar cash. Inflation sure, but I think $2500 might still be a bit high given condition.

I was watching that listing a few months ago. If I am not mistaken he was describing issues that he is not describing now - bike didn’t start if I recall. I remember the same set of pictures showing the charger cable running to the bike, if he had fixed the problem I might have thought he would have taken new pictures.

1994 Yamaha Seca 2. $1000

“Passed the safety Certificate. Both tires are new, Oil Change been done, ready for the road, need a new buttery only.”

“Passed the safety Certificate. Both tires are new, Oil Change been done, ready for the road, need a new buttery only.”
Front fender busted, zing in the fairing. VERY hard to find used parts for.

interesting sale, I like. not too sure about the parts availability. Im ok with the zip tie character. wondering what parts are UNavailable? these come up for sale dirt cheap often enough. parts bikes too. carb kits from 99$. rubber manifolds avail. ://www.bing.com/shop?q=yamaha+xj600s+seca+ii+1994+carb+parts+for+sale&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=EE3555FE8DF6406B94234173A190D786

a 600$ offer would be good maybe. two new tires and recent safety may help..

Last edited:
Reactions: TK4

The yellow $600 Seca 2 parts or fix. Needs starter motor. Rebuild kit $20. I asked for a real pic of the bike but no response

Back
Top Bottom