The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 210 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I don't know, it seems high to me. According to a CMG article ( Fast times with BMW’s R1200 GS Adventure | Canada Moto Guide )
a fully optioned one (like this one) in 2014 was $23,700 MSRP. I'm not sure how much BMW increased prices over the next 2 years.

It does have low km's but at some point it really doesn't matter that much.

I wouldn't compare it to a 2020 model as the changes are probably significant over the 4 years for a flagship model.

I agree with others; hard to view a $21K, 4 year old used bike as a bargain, but there's a buyer for everything I suppose.

$24k, plus $1k for the NavVI, plus $2k for OEM panniers, plus I think there are a couple extra packages like the quick shifter not quoted in that review.

It is what it is. I keep an eye on R1200GS(A) prices and this is about as cheap as I've seen one.

1 year ago I'd say its over-priced, then Honda went and made the Africa twin over $20k... Though you could still buy 2 used ATs from 2016-2017 for the price of that 1 1200 GSA. I think even 2 Super Teneres, which has a driveshaft as well so closer comparison.

$24k, plus $1k for the NavVI, plus $2k for OEM panniers, plus I think there are a couple extra packages like the quick shifter not quoted in that review.

It is what it is. I keep an eye on R1200GS(A) prices and this is about as cheap as I've seen one.

That's my thinking as well. When new must have been close to $30000 before taxes. My window shopping costs me nothing.

1 year ago I'd say its over-priced, then Honda went and made the Africa twin over $20k... Though you could still buy 2 used ATs from 2016-2017 for the price of that 1 1200 GSA. I think even 2 Super Teneres, which has a driveshaft as well so closer comparison.

A similar Super Ten will run you about $14k, which is why I ended up with one. Don't think for a second that it's as good of a bike, though there are some advantages to the S10.

A similar Super Ten will run you about $14k, which is why I ended up with one. Don't think for a second that it's as good of a bike, though there are some advantages to the S10.

Do you like it? I remember the super ten had pretty scathing reviews when it came out. Still like it though...

2004 gets you shaft drive
Might be late to the thread, but iirc the shaft drive is no longer an ACE.
Aero is still a nice ride, but *I* like the ACE better.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Might be a great deal but first motorcycle ride ever? :/ that's a 500+ pound motorcycle!
You don't learn to ride on something like that you learn to steer it.
When you weigh almost as much as the bike does, it's no big deal....or at least it wasn't for me.
However, my 160 lb brother found it heavy.

When you weigh almost as much as the bike does, it's no big deal....or at least it wasn't for me.
However, my 160 lb brother found it heavy.

The 550lb phantom(same bike trimmed differently) was my second bike, but I only had the first one for just over a month before picking up the phantom, so it might as well have been my first. I've never had an issue with the weight or carving with it. My first summer saw the bolts on the end of the pegs ground to a 45 and minimal chicken strips. Compared to my friends sport bikes, that have bigger chicken strips than the worn patch. I find the lower center of gravity on the shadow gives alot more confidence when it comes to leaning. I tend to recommend the 750 shadows to anybody as a first bike, although you grow out of the power really quickly.

2011 Yamaha V-Star 950 Touring $3400
That's a really nice bike, but what is with the trend of people on kijiji not understanding how to camera? And when making the listing, you see that the orientation of the photos is messed up, why wouldn't they go and rotate them before uploading? always irritating.

That's a really nice bike, but what is with the trend of people on kijiji not understanding how to camera? And when making the listing, you see that the orientation of the photos is messed up, why wouldn't they go and rotate them before uploading? always irritating.
This sounds like discrimination against Australians

gone. 2011 vstar 950.

If anybody sees any crazy deals for any kick-start harley, could you please shoot me a PM? 2 seasons ago I was seeing all kinds of Iron heads on kijiji between 1-3k, and I bought the R6 instead. Made a profit on the R6 and started looking for irons again and I haven't seen anything priced reasonably. Maybe I'm not searching properly, I don't know. I'd like to experience owning one of these classics while I'm still limber enough to start it. I have the tools and mechanical ingenuity to take on any project, so a basket case isn't a turn off at the right price.

Reasonable price on a really nice bike. New tires, safety, saddle bags and fairing included, plate it and it's ready to go.

REDUCED 2012 Honda Shadow Phantom (Safetied w/ Brand New Tires),

Price: $ 4,999

Back
Top Bottom