The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 180 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

"1997 YAMAHA SECA 2 in good condition $600" They even installed the Euro Diversion full fairing kit.

$_59.JPG

Here’s another one for 750...$750k that is...just sold at Mecum Monterey.

The reserve was actually $20k higher so someone got a deal. Unrestored.

IMG_0430.JPG

Here’s a restored version that sold later in the auction. A bargain at $650K.

View attachment 40941

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
looks like a great deal for $600
surprised to see a late '90s 600 ST with single front disk

for those looking for reading material
guy over at ADV collects Seca 2's
The Forgotten Yamaha Seca II

this is what he turned one into:
Xj2g1Xb.jpg
I think the late model Seca II 600 is about the last of the dreary and blah Yamaha's. It's nowhere near it's mother, the Seca 600 (FJ600), the Seca II 600 Diversion (XJ600) is a detuned sloth.

‘Excitement’, ‘performance’ or ‘thrilling’ can never be used to describe a Diversion. Practical, boring and rock solid dependability are the primary adjectives.

..... Practical, boring and rock solid dependability are the primary adjectives.
Exactly. Had a Seca2, a GSXR600, a Katana 600 and a YZF600R in close time(and an FJ600 a while back). All 600s with completely different characteristics. Still liked the Seca2 for commuting(no muss, no fuss) and the YZF was a mid ground between the Kat and Gix.

sounds like a CB600. ?
I think that was Yamaha's reaction to Honda's penchant for commuter bike specs in most of the CB line. Honda has always reduced performance to improve dependability, economy (TC)) and reduce build costs. The heart of of Honda's CB line still follow that design philosophy (CB300, 500, 1000) -- not gonna win on performance, but 100%l practical, dependable, easy to ride and inexpensive to operate.

Turns out that's a good thing for Honda -- they sells a lot of CB's because riders, particularly new riders, value the CB's attributes.

Their lack of character IS their character, not a bad thing though, I still miss my old honda at times, like I miss grandmas cooking.

Their lack of character IS their character, not a bad thing though, I still miss my old honda at times, like I miss grandmas cooking.
I agree. I always remember a classmate who rode a CB360 in high school. While I was replacing rings, cleaning plugs, and tinkering with carb settings, he was out riding and riding and riding. I'll bet he's still riding that thing 40 years later.

I still keep 70s era Honda in my garage... You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

I agree. I always remember a classmate who rode a CB360 in high school. While I was replacing rings, cleaning plugs, and tinkering with carb settings, he was out riding and riding and riding. I'll bet he's still riding that thing 40 years later.

I still keep 70s era Honda in my garage... You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

I had a friend used I to ride with back when I had my RD350's
he rode a CB350 Four, 4 pistons the size of pill bottles
amazing little sewing machine of an engine with zero power anywhere

I had a hard time keeping the RD on the pipe trying to ride with him

I had a friend used I to ride with back when I had my RD350's

I had a hard time keeping the RD on the pipe trying to ride with him
Ya, I remember that. I rode mostly Kawis back then because they were the cheapest. First an S2 (Kawi's answer to an RD350) then an H2 (Kawi's answer to racing).

Honda countered that with Vtec....when the 400 4s with Vtech are let loose at the top end they hustle. Tame otherwise. 53 HP for a 430 lb bike and a red line at 12,000 rpm but still falls into the Learner category.

The CB500 series motor developed in 2012 gets better fuel mileage by quite a bit and better low end performance without the screaming top end. The smaller inline 4s don't make sense these days but I'd still have fun on one...shades of RD400.
The little Honda would run away.....reports are that there is a sweet little rush when the Vtec kicks in.

CB400_Red_ABS_RHS_800p.jpg

Reactions: J_F
Honda countered that with Vtec....when the 400 4s with Vtech are let loose at the top end they hustle. Tame otherwise. 53 HP for a 430 lb bike and a red line at 12,000 rpm but still falls into the Learner category.

The CB500 series motor developed in 2012 gets better fuel mileage by quite a bit and better low end performance without the screaming top end. The smaller inline 4s don't make sense these days but I'd still have fun on one...shades of RD400.
The little Honda would run away.....reports are that there is a sweet little rush when the Vtec kicks in.

CB400_Red_ABS_RHS_800p.jpg
Thats actually a really good looking bike.

not a bike, not pretty, but you don't often find a bike trailer for $300. Looks like it will carry a single large bike or two/three dirtbikes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom