The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 289 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

FYI, up in Terra nova, bridge 7 and 9 is out! You'll have to take a detour and turn onto 2nd line up in Terra Nova. Still some great roads out that way!
Supposedly the work will take until September, which is pretty surprising considering the size of the bridges are so small. Ah well.

I think most people on the forum are trying to maintain the social distancing...
Heard that KW Sport Riders had a stupid large ride today (40+ people). Maybe check out their Facebook page if you're interested in that kind of stuff.
I saw the news, there was huge meet for support workers. Definitely did not see ppl 6 ft spacing in those large groups.
A group of 4-5 or less would be acceptable, probably be the same threat level of grocery shopping lol.
But you are right some ppl don't get it. I rode in a group of 3 ended up meeting 2 other riders at a Burlington tim hortons from Pickering! !!
We showed respect to each by having +12ft spacing between each other, life continues just new rules I guess.
Corona virus = Russian roulette
Rob

Last edited:
If anyone's up for a leisurely cruise today (lots of police will be out and about due to long weekend)....

Meet: St. Louis Bar and Grill - Northfield and Bridge Street in Waterloo.
Time: 1pm - kickstands up shortly thereafter
Duration: 2-3 hours, whatever people are comfortable with. Have a general route in mind, but that's easily altered.

Social distancing will be in effect at all times.

No wheelies, stunting etc... don't need any meathead snowflakes.

Have the smoker running today otherwise I would join

Planning a ride for Sunday morning.
Met an old guy in Dundas and he mentioned there is a bike meet every Sunday morning in Campbellville.
Planning to meet at the Tim Hortons in Cambridge on holiday Inn drive at 9am leaving 10am, heading out to Campbellville. Afterwards riding 150-200 kms (3-5 hours)of twisties, switchbacks!! and country roads. (Some good, some not so good)
if you like corners and skillfully riding come on out, route is planned out with a app.

A lot of bikers show up in Campbellville on Sundays. They used to meet at the Ice house restaurant but it closed about a year ago. Now they meet across the street on a side street (Crawford Cres) . There seems to be 2 restaurants there but I'm not sure if either is open now,

The Trail Eatery is open for take-out. I went there last Sunday and ordered take-out. The parking lot is plenty big to allow physical distancing. Forecast for this coming weekend looks really good.

A lot of bikers show up in Campbellville on Sundays. They used to meet at the Ice house restaurant but it closed about a year ago. Now they meet across the street on a side street (Crawford Cres) . There seems to be 2 restaurants there but I'm not sure if either is open now,
Hi Rob, is it just a meet or do they organize a ride?
Anyone is welcome, we are meeting at Tim hortons Sunday morning on holiday inn drive in Cambridge between 9 to 10am. Heading out to Campbellville, afterwards riding a route that takes us through; twiss rd, appleby line, mineralsprings and more.
Send me a message if you in
Rob

How many people usually show up?

Hi Rob, is it just a meet or do they organize a ride?
Anyone is welcome, we are meeting at Tim hortons Sunday morning on holiday inn drive in Cambridge between 9 to 10am. Heading out to Campbellville, afterwards riding a route that takes us through; twiss rd, appleby line, mineralsprings and more.
Send me a message if you in
Rob
Campbellville is just a place where a lot of bikers seem to stop. There may be a few groups that might actually meet there but there is nothing specifically organized. You see all kinds of bikes on a good day. Cruisers, nakeds, cafe racers, sportbikes, super motos you name it. Always lots going through Belfountain by the forks of the credit. Lots of eye candy. ( the bike type. ;) )

The Trail Eatery is open for take-out. I went there last Sunday and ordered take-out. The parking lot is plenty big to allow physical distancing. Forecast for this coming weekend looks really good.
Hey Brian would you be able to join ??
Rob

Last edited:
FYI, up in Terra nova, bridge 7 and 9 is out! You'll have to take a detour and turn onto 2nd line up in Terra Nova. Still some great roads out that way!
Supposedly the work will take until September, which is pretty surprising considering the size of the bridges are so small. Ah well.

WATCH OUT up there. Huuuuge enforcement. We ended up following a cop doing exactly the speed limit, and the cop turned the lights on and U-turned to pull over a pickup truck coming the other way. Don't know what speed the truck was doing, but it wasn't much. Saw another one a few minutes later parked in a driveway. Evidently the locals are fed up with the noise, and picking up the pieces out of the ditches.

I may just show up for this.... Sounds like it could be fun!

Hey Brian would you be able to join ??
Rob

In view of weather forecast for tomorrow, I'm pushing my own schedule earlier. At least as of last week, the Trail Eatery was opening for take-out at 10:00 AM (although you could pop in to get a coffee a bit before that), so I'm planning to arrive there for 10:00 AM.

In view of weather forecast for tomorrow, I'm pushing my own schedule earlier. At least as of last week, the Trail Eatery was opening for take-out at 10:00 AM (although you could pop in to get a coffee a bit before that), so I'm planning to arrive there for 10:00 AM.
Hey Brian, they are calling for 70% chance for rain tomorrow, are you still going?
My other rider has cancelled already..
They called for rain last Sunday and it didn't happen until the afternoon, I put 120kms before it happened
Rob

Hourly forecast here isn't calling for rain to start until noon, and even then, it's only 40% chance of <1mm of rain until 2 pm. That's good enough for me. Planning to arrive at Trail Eatery for 10 AM unless that hourly forecast changes for the worse.

Hourly forecast here isn't calling for rain to start until noon, and even then, it's only 40% chance of <1mm of rain until 2 pm. That's good enough for me. Planning to arrive at Trail Eatery for 10 AM unless that hourly forecast changes for the worse.
Hey Brian, sound good enough for me!!
I will try to be there just before 10am, I will be on a cafe racer, 82 cx500.
Screenshot_20200523_151926.jpg
See you then.
Rob

Hey Brian, hate being that guy. But I'm going to have to bail on tomorrow. I don't usually back out, but have to this time.
Sorry
Rob

Back
Top Bottom