The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

Yea, Thursday's should work.

I was out last thursday for some hooligan action - and by the end of the ride, I though, "hell yeah - I'm getting the hang of drifting!" - When I sadly discovered that it was just a flat tire. F me. Anyway, new tire should be delivered today.

Drifting... I dunno... not for me... reminds me of having one good shoe and the other with a banana peel stuck to the sole... :)
Where you going to have the tire put on? Got an appointment on Friday at Apex for my Buell.

This thursday's forecast says Sunny with chance of showers... guess we'll have to wait and see about this Thursday then.

Otherwise, every Thursday sounds good to me. Who's going to lead this time round?

I think Thursdays will work for me too. If I make it this Thursday I can lead if everyone is okay with keeping it under $10,000/hour. ;) I was thinking of heading around Guelph and over to sideroad 15. How does that sound? Personally I'm not too concerned about discussing ride routes (at least general routes) online since I have no plans to get a speeding ticket anyway.

+1 for the under $10,000/hr!

If it's not pouring I can be there.

Added weekly meet info to the first page.

I guess we could even cruise to Royal on Thursdays once and awhile for Bike Night when it starts.

My Bike will be going in to get the Cam Chain Tensioner replaced when I get the part. Does anyone have any opinion on the the mechanics at KW Honda?

If it's nice thursday, I'll come into the 'loo and ride with you guys. Rain is ps'n me off...

Haven't rode since Thursday... starting to get annoying!
If the rain holds off for another 2 hours, I'm heading out for a short jaunt after work... have to give my new clutch piston/seals/rings a bit of a workout to make sure they don't leak!

My Bike will be going in to get the Cam Chain Tensioner replaced when I get the part. Does anyone have any opinion on the the mechanics at KW Honda?

Threadjack in progress! ;-)

A coworker of mine gets his service there and he says they're great.
Personally, I go to Apex Cycle. They're very good and take pride in their work.
When I had tires changed there late last summer they showed me a tiny tiny tiny chip they put into the powder coat of the rims and had touched up with black paint (dark blue/grey rims, didn't have anythign closer). I would never have noticed it, but they showed me what had happened and knocked a couple bucks off the price.

Thanks for the info and ya, I have had no problems with KW Honda yet either. Was just looking for some inside info...lol.

I have heard good things about the mechanics at Apex, but people say never to deal with the actual owner.

I have heard good things about the mechanics at Apex, but people say never to deal with the actual owner.
I'm surprised to hear that -- I've had nothing but excellent service from Colin (the owner). He's taken care of me any time I had an issue or simple question. Heck, he pretty much gave me an open invitation to ride the Diavel pretty much any time I want. Don't know if everyone gets the same treatment as me though (just 'cause I'm such a swell guy... hahahahaha)

Mike (head mechanic) is fantastic - and as I said, very particular with his work. He'll go everything very clearly if you ask as well.

I'm surprised to hear that -- I've had nothing but excellent service from Colin (the owner). He's taken care of me any time I had an issue or simple question. Heck, he pretty much gave me an open invitation to ride the Diavel pretty much any time I want. Don't know if everyone gets the same treatment as me though (just 'cause I'm such a swell guy... hahahahaha)

Mike (head mechanic) is fantastic - and as I said, very particular with his work. He'll go everything very clearly if you ask as well.

Any contact info? Also where is it located?

Any contact info? Also where is it located?

Located on the corner of King and Northfield - right beside the Blockbuster video (next building over). They usually have a bunch of Ducatis out front.

Damn...
Won't be able to make the ride on Thursday after all. Forgot I have to referee ball hockey at 7....
Might show up for a quick hello, but that's about it...

I might be chiming in a little late, but I haven't dealt with KW Honda since 2001. I bought a CBR929 from them, it was a demo bike that apparently the head mechanic had been riding. A year later I crashed it and while my mechanic was looking it over he found one of the sub-frame mounts was broken, and had been broken and poorly repaired before! ANY break in the frame makes a bike not road worthy, but they sold me this one and didn't tell me about the repair. That was 10 years ago, maybe they've changed, but I won't be finding out for myself.

I've also had good luck with Apex and Colin has gone out of his way to get things done for me also. I would recommend them.

Well I will have to try Apex out for myself I guess.

If tomorrow gets rained out, is anyone going to be around on the holiday Monday?
Going away for Saturday, home late afternoon Sunday.

Say 1pm on Monday, same Tim Horton's...... fair enough?

Hey Tim, I'd be in for Monday. I'm listening to very heavy rain right now hoping it all falls before tomorrow afternoon!

Right now the forecast looks pretty decent for tonight. If it stays nice I'll be there at 6:30.

I'm bailing for tonight. I'll be going the the WROAR pre-ride party in Vaughan. Hopefully I'll make it out to a thursday night ride soon.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom