The Motor Company takes another hit | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Motor Company takes another hit

Well that part makes sense from a self promotion perspective. Would we have talked about this dookie this much if it was unbranded?
Well I guess if you are willing to put your motorcycles name on a cigarette ash tray, I guess there are no limits :LOL:
and it's not like it has anything to do with reality.

Did I miss something? What is wrong with the brake rotors? Why is a hanging engine a problem? Are you assuming a "crappy retaining system" because it is made by Harley? Would it still be a "crappy retaining system" if Honda made it? What is wrong with a front sprocket as the rear pivot? This is NOT the first bike with that feature. I know BMW/Husky had a bike with that exact design and it does have it's theoretical advantages. Why are you so offended? I'm not a big fan of the look of this bike, but wouldn't have those 3 things on the top of my list of things to change.
Ever change the front sprocket on that bmw 450? It's not a good idea imo.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Changing that sprocket may be inconvenient the few times that you have to do it in the bikes lifetime, but functionally, it is a better design. As this bike is a design exercise I am not offended by its inclusion.

It is also belt drive BTW.... Although I do wonder if a belt will handle the torque an electric motor could potentially put down without being stupid wide...

It is also belt drive BTW.... Although I do wonder if a belt will handle the torque an electric motor could potentially put down without being stupid wide...
Final drive in the rear hub to keep belt speed up and torque down? Not sure if they considered this but it is a possible solution (although bad for unsprung weight).

Not sure if they considered!
Are we still talking about this thing:
Harley-Davidson-Revival_Electric-Motorcycle_-Yanko-Design.jpg

It has bicycle controls :unsure: with child sized body and hands photo cropped onto it
and some how in the future they manage to operate huge brakes with almost no fluid reservoir,
if you slip off the back of the saddle the rear tire will rip your vitals off, open wheel motorcycles are not even allowed in off road competition for that very reason, it's ridiculous, unless this in an indoor only motorcycle. Must be the case because the belt drive has no guard to protect it from **** coming off the rear tire. It's unrealistic art.

Harley-Davidson-Revival_Electric-Motorcycle_-Yanko-Design_10.jpg

wtf is this suppose to be?

Can't wait to see a Harley sized rider stand on the pegs.

Realistic and possibly successful future production H-D models:

4ec319aee4c6029432a3f73f6ef6e70f.jpg

Can we bid farewell to this antique manufacturing facility?

India has a different market ethos and for most of the population, the focus is on cost and economy, which is why there are swarms of 125cc class two wheelers there.
"125cc", is totally out of Harley's league. I think the last time Harley had a small bike was when it collaborated with Italy's Aermacchi and that did not end well.
Besides, with India's taxes and import levies, it is a largely "protected" market i.e. they favor the local.

Not to say that the potential to buy big machines is not there, but it will be a niche market.

One thing that HD failed was their service side in India. When KTM and Kawasaki came in, they tied up with Bajaj which has one the largest service networks in India. Yamaha and Honda have been in the market for long enough. Other players like Aprilia, Benelli etc are starting to show up as well. HD just didn't have enough service centres and the local garages weren't adept enough to handle HD I believe. Combine this with a scum dealership and it's a recipe for disaster. Still remember reading in Indian forums where the owners had left motorcycles with dealers for months to get things fixed under warranty.

You'd surprised as the newer gen prefers 250cc+ bikes, HD sales numbers were not too bad initially. Even if they were selling the lowest numbers among the other manufacturers, we're talking about India and the numbers were okayish from what I remember.

Couple of links to an Indian forum if anyone's interested in reading. I'm sure there will definitely be funny HD stories in there...

Cheers!

There is a market in India for larger capacity motorcycles (Honda have introduced a 350 there)and it is a niche market. With proper marketing and dealer support, Harley could have exploited that segment
In terms of sales, the 100-125 cc class outsell the rest.

Back
Top Bottom