The lies we tell about motorcycles | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The lies we tell about motorcycles

Best lie to myself was in 2014 when we bought a new house. After adventure touring through Europe with my wife on vacation for two consecutive years prior, I wanted my dream bike - a ‘15 R1200GS Adventure. $33k out the door for a bike was steep, especially when you just committed to a $700k house. With only a down payment on our new house at that point, our justification was that we’ll look at this bike as an extension of our home’s builder upgrade costs which can easily stack up tens of thousands of dollars. A bit of a stretch, but it was technically a house upgrade for the garage... the best kind if you ask me. ;)

The justification worked for us and we pulled the trigger. After our first season of riding it, it had given us some of the best adventures and memories we’ve ever had together - including Moto camping our way to North Carolina. House has caused us more headaches than anything. Funny how that works out.

In 1986, I bought a new RG500 and brought home with the rear seat cowl on it. My wife enjoys being a passenger, but I explained that I couldn't take her on it as it only had a single seat. One day I was washing it and she was sitting near by, when she asked "what is that?", pointing at one of the rear footpegs. Knowing that I was busted, I fessed up and took her for a ride. Afterwards she admitted that that bike wasn't made for two people...no sh*t, it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom