the bike gots to go... | GTAMotorcycle.com

the bike gots to go...

johnnie_c

okay, heres the delimma... 2011 sti is so dirty looking that i've fallen in love with the car (the WING is back, baby!)

anyways, i'm thinking of trading in my '09 wrx and selling my '10 gixxer 600 for this sti bad boy...

anyone got the '11 sti? it definatley worth the $50k on the road?

say you sell everything and get the sti. what if after awhile u go "oh man i wish i have my bike right now" what do you do then?

Set aside a few grand and buy a cheap 600 down the road. You'll end up buying another bike eventually (I'd give it 2 years) so do whatever floats your boat.

I saw the new 11 STI on the road the other day.... sweet sweet looking car. Not sure I'd ever drop 50k on a car like that, but they're cool nonetheless.

i just googled it, looks like an ugly car if you ask me, like a little matchbox toy. then again i'm not a fan of compact cars or japanese sports cars. gimme a vette...

Seriously? You want to go from an 09 -> 2011 STI and sell the bike. I'd never consider that.... heck I try to buy my cars with as little power as I can. :D

I get the four wheel drive crazy racer thing this car has going for it, but $50 grand? You can get better cars for that. It's just a car that subaru built after all the kid street racer cars. (and yes I know it's done awesome as a rally car) I think I'd have more fun buying a cheaper car and modding the crap out of it for $50. But hey whatever floats your boat. Anything by Lamborghini, audi, even a vintage muscle car early transam would do me fine. If I'm still living in toronto in a couple years I'll probably get an old truck with wooden bumpers and a sticker that says "go ahead tailgate me" lol, I know a guy who bought a S2000 (honda) great little car but nobody even notices it if it goes by. For 50 grand I'd at least want a girl to look at it differently than a stock honda civic.

Spend a couple of grand on Cobb Tuning stuff (chip, intake, exhaust) and your WRX will be faster than a stock STI.

gimme a vette...

redneck_corvette.jpg

Head on to redflagdealsforums and find the 'importing from US' thread in their 'hot deals' section. You can save close to 5-digit number by importing the same car from US. There is a dealership in NH, which even caters to Canadians. The only problem now is the supply of cars from Japan - the line-up for those US cars is like until November. Btw, WRX/STi is being changed in 2012 - both body and the engine, so I'd wait until next year (well, I am waiting until that car is coming out lol).

okay, heres the delimma... 2011 sti is so dirty looking that i've fallen in love with the car (the WING is back, baby!)

anyways, i'm thinking of trading in my '09 wrx and selling my '10 gixxer 600 for this sti bad boy...

anyone got the '11 sti? it definatley worth the $50k on the road?

Beautiful car. I took one for a (short) test drive. I also drove the 2011 WRX. For me, the WRX is a better bang for the buck. It doesn't require 93 octane and is several grand cheaper to buy. I love the look of both of them in the purply colour. Either one compares VERY favourably to cars costing many thousands more (Audi S4, BMW 335Xi). The wing on the STI is cool but I'd go with the WRX just because of the fuel and extra money.

And.... then you keep the bike too! Good taste in wheels man.

Lol the wing on that thing...what decade is this again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In my view, the Evo looks better than the Sti. and the financing rate is lower by a lot

Lol the wing on that thing...what decade is this again? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ugh, decade? You know, some cars actually have proper front/rear wings... Not the show-off ones that go on FWD civics with fart cans. Just saying.

And I got to agree with the poster above that the new Impreza does not look very impressive. I saw the earlier 'artist sketches' of the 2012 STi, and those actually looked awesome. We will see how much different STi will look from regular Impreza (hopefully, a lot different!!).

Get both... I have a 2011 STI (white hatchback) It was NOT 50k... I ended up getting it for $42k OTD

Also have a 2010 GSXR600 (only $9600 OTD) So close to $50k for both.

I absolutely love the STI. I had a 2008 EVO X MR, and it was a huge upgrade in terms of everyday livability.

OP, if you didn't already have an 09 WRX, I'd probably say "go for it" but since you already have a 09 WRX, it seems a little early to be upgrading to a 2011 STI right?

Selling a 2 year old car and a 1 year old bike is probably not a smart cost effective move but I guess you like toys so never mind about that!!

I'd probably find out how much money in total the upgrade from a 09 WRX to an 11 STi is going to cost (including any additional insurance) and think of what else you could do with it. You could probably afford to tune your WRX to perform better than an STi and run 2 motorcycles.

But, at the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy.

Back
Top Bottom