"The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

Re: "The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

When I do go back to the UK I have a few "must do's" and one of them is to get a fresh pint of Theakston's Old Peculiar which will probably cost me the equivalent of $4 or less.

Theakston's Mild is nice as well it leaves a very nice lattice lace on the glass as you drink it.

Re: "The Beer Store’s secret sweetheart deal with LCBO revealed" - says The Star

I'm not a beer snob by any stretch, but dayum a friend introduced and huk'd me on......

qrXXFIY.jpg

Love this beer

presidente-beer-profile.jpg

If it's brown,bubbly and i wobble after a few.....that's my brand.

+1.

I like Guinness. But not the one that Molson's brews for them here.

Maudite would fit that description.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I have trouble getting Maudite down, not saying I wont, but they make a few high test beers in that family that are dangerous in quantity. I'm not getting the need to make high abv beers, 9 and 12% ? makes it hard to be on the piss all evening, without a nap and a do over.

^ Just mix it with soda

Love Maudite. I seem to like any beer that is strong in flavour... which means I can't stand Buttweiser Lite and would rather drink water, to be honest. Had some Negro Modello when I was in Mexico a few weeks ago... love that stuff. Right now I have some Matador and a litre bottle of Stone City Ales IPA in the fridge as my headliners. I really only drink beer when I'm with friends or the occasional night with the wife, so the Matador is about six months old, should be mellower than the last one I opened... that one is about as extreme as you'll get... a bitter, cedar-flavoured double IPA with lots of resin notes and maybe bitter fruit.

Anyway, off-topic.

Today's headline:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/17/ontario-beer-wine-supermarkets_n_6880064.html

OPSEU wants you to think of the women and children. Of course. Not them, and their big paycheques with retirement pensions.

Love Maudite. I seem to like any beer that is strong in flavour... which means I can't stand Buttweiser Lite and would rather drink water, to be honest. Had some Negro Modello when I was in Mexico a few weeks ago... love that stuff. Right now I have some Matador and a litre bottle of Stone City Ales IPA in the fridge as my headliners. I really only drink beer when I'm with friends or the occasional night with the wife, so the Matador is about six months old, should be mellower than the last one I opened... that one is about as extreme as you'll get... a bitter, cedar-flavoured double IPA with lots of resin notes and maybe bitter fruit.

Anyway, off-topic.

Today's headline:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/17/ontario-beer-wine-supermarkets_n_6880064.html

OPSEU wants you to think of the women and children. Of course. Not them, and their big paycheques with retirement pensions.

Ironically the same arguments used for prohibition.

While Alcohol is most defiantly a contributing factor in domestic violence someone who gets drunk and beats their partner will be drunk and do that if they buy their liquor from the LCBO the beer store or anyplace else.

Glass bottles can be used as an effective weapon for self defense..people should have more access to glass bottles...ergo sell booze in corner stores.

The representative for the LCBO union workers quoted in the link above is a classic example of why unions are loosing relevance "we know alcohol is a contributing factor in violence against women" , wow pure genius . And the non union worker at any corner store is going to contribute to the problem how?

LCBO workers are specially trained to know which clients are a danger to the spouse.......

where's Irocian, that fellow that was a Brewers Retail spokesman last month on this issue.

The representative for the LCBO union workers quoted in the link above is a classic example of why unions are loosing relevance "we know alcohol is a contributing factor in violence against women" , wow pure genius . And the non union worker at any corner store is going to contribute to the problem how?

LCBO workers are specially trained to know which clients are a danger to the spouse.......

where's Irocian, that fellow that was a Brewers Retail spokesman last month on this issue.

Sorry sir i cant sell you this craft beer you may beat your wife.

Reading and laughing. Guinness is not made by Molsons it's made by Labbatts first off.

Can't wait to see how they will train their staff for smart serve and anyone that works at any store they choose to sell in under 17 will lose their jobs as you can't work in a business with alcohol sales at that age.
Don't believe look it up.

Can't wait to see how they will train their staff for smart serve and anyone that works at any store they choose to sell in under 17 will lose their jobs as you can't work in a business with alcohol sales at that age.

Considering they already sell liquor in some groceries stores (usually small town) here through the LCBO partnerships I would assume they already have some kinda of distinction in place. Plenty of teenagers still work at my local groceries store were i also buy my booze. Same with wine racks etc

They all have their own sections and own till so i would assume it would be like that.

Last edited:

Reading and laughing. Guinness is not made by Molsons it's made by Labbatts first off.

We have a foodland up here in the sticks that sells beer/booze already. It's a "seperate" section of the store. Younger kids still work there. They just can't stock or sell it.

Small town easy major reno needed in big city stores to separate.

Small town easy major reno needed in big city stores to separate.

If there is profit in it they will do it and we are making an assumption they wont change to the current law to accommodate this.

Personally i'm not that assed about getting liquor in supermarkets i would rather have privatized liquor stores. Would love to see some specialized craft beer or whiskey places open up.

Last edited:

We shall see

Back
Top Bottom