The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 281 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

They should take the time to actually view the results of traffic control methods like those. In my experience increasing the number of traffic lights and desychronization result in more people speeding to make the next light, or running amber and red lights. Reducing the speed limit just results in more people who are classed as speeders, not a reduction in speed.
I suspect there is a committee somewhere who looks at traffic accident stats and makes changes on a case by case basis. I suspect the folks in Markham are not trained or educated in this area, just trying to calm noisy constituents.

Getting???

I moved from Wendake Beach to Scarborough to a place sight unseen. GF in TO picked it out. It was a compromise as she worked for VISA downtown and I was starting a job on Heritage @ McCowan. My insurance doubled. I asked the broker why. "You have to drive through Agincourt twice a day" (I was shocked he actually said that - but I did laugh). That was in 1992.

My son will be retiring to Wendake Beach and get out of the insane rat race. Why would you move from God's country into the over-crowded city. GF I gathered? Even for twice the wage it's going to get eroded by higher stress, insurance, rent, wasted time in commuting, oh and did I mention stress? We seem to forget important things like quality of life and sanity.

The Brampton Driver is well known in the Trucking industry, even down in the States.
Given the number of truck license mills in the Brampton area, supplying barely trained drivers to the industry continent-wide, that's hardly a surprise.

A sign in Mississauga at a traffic light advised people to wait for a green light.

Are there a significant number of drivers that don’t know that?

There's signs like that and similar (putting into writing stuff that should be in the "you are expected to know" category) everywhere in the USA.

Gonna need new bushings in the Abacus' beads.

There are signs in Markham now advising left-turners that pedestrians have the ROW on a green light.
Like this?
绿灯时行人有先行权
Lǜdēng shí xíngrén yǒu xiānxíng quán

Given the number of truck license mills in the Brampton area, supplying barely trained drivers to the industry continent-wide, that's hardly a surprise.
We bet on how many attempts certain drivers will take to back into our shipping docks.

Bets are kinda fun in the moment, but also telling about trucking -- the bar for becoming a 'professional driver' is low.

We bet on how many attempts certain drivers will take to back into our shipping docks.

Bets are kinda fun in the moment, but also telling about trucking -- the bar for becoming a 'professional driver' is low.
That's not new. In high school (decades ago) I was working in a factory with a fairly easy loading access and some drivers just couldn't do it. We had some break down in tears. At one point, one was so bad that I offered to do it. Never having driven a tractor trailer in my life, I would have been far better than he was. Chit show. He called his boss and the boss said a random high school kid with no AZ was not allowed to drive his truck. Oh well. He kept trying for another hour and then left without ever docking.

Last edited:
There are signs in Markham now advising left-turners that pedestrians have the ROW on a green light.
I needed one of those signs 40 years ago in Etobicoke. A senior couple cut us off as my wife, daughter and I were crossing on a green. I was carrying a hockey stick and threw it at his car, hitting it.

He turned around and came back, demanding to know if I hit his car with something. He argued he had the right of way. I said some nasty things while holding the recovered hockey stick.

Back
Top Bottom