The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 230 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Had a full 50' sheet come off the top of a westbound 18 wheeler into the oncoming eastbound lanes of the Gardiner near where it turns to go up the DVP. I accelerated under it and there was no other traffic in the vicinity thank goodness, that would have been a mess.

We have these people here too! This one is from Chicago.

Had a full 50' sheet come off the top of a westbound 18 wheeler into the oncoming eastbound lanes of the Gardiner near where it turns to go up the DVP. I accelerated under it and there was no other traffic in the vicinity thank goodness, that would have been a mess.

We have these people here too! This one is from Chicago.

100% thay guys stoned. Followed a guy on the 401 doing 60kmh in middle lane with no traffic infront of him and could smell the weed 2 cars back a couple weeks ago.

100% thay guys stoned. Followed a guy on the 401 doing 60kmh in middle lane with no traffic infront of him and could smell the weed 2 cars back a couple weeks ago.
Sounds like my commute every morning. The weed smell, that is.

Another stereotype gone wrong. International students in a BMW M (can't tell the number) crashed at "extreme high rates of speed" and three out of four died. Driver is in critical condition.

image.jpeg

They are also the most aggressive drivers out there and most of they likely got their "A" licence from one of those sketchy Truck Driving Schools! I've had two instances where a gravel truck exiting the pit at Hockley Road and 5 Sideroad failed to stop at the stop sign before going straight onto Hockley Road. Hell, they didn't even try to slow down and just continued at speed onto Hockley Road. Both times were clear fail to yield and would have resulted in me being under the trailer had I not emergency braked.
Totaled my old Pontiac when a dump turned left in front of me in Brantford years back.

My first time venturing out and about today for work in a couple of weeks. Making left turn at rush hour in Burlington there is a long lineup of cars waiting as only 4 or 5 making it through advanced green. As I'm coming up to my turn, 3 others decide instead of waiting in line like everyone else they can cut over at the last minute to make their left turn. Car in front of me was the last to make it through the advanced green, as I'm pulling up slowly, a SUV beside me cuts across my truck and makes fast left turn in front of all the oncoming traffic.

Too many think they're more important than others these days.

Drove Barrie>queens quay>caledon>newmarket>barrie today. Not the worst but happy I don't do that often.

Dump truck ran down black creek ramp and pushed into lineup for 401 by crossing the bullnose. Dick. Cancel his D. He knew exactly what he was doing and has the wrong attitude to drive a machine that easily kills people.

On the scanner cops pulled over a lady driver with a suspended license and gave her a ticket (for driving under suspension). Left her with the car as she said someone was coming to get it. Just after cop left she drove away. Stupid twat didn't realize they had pointed a traffic camera at her. When she shows up in court to answer for the suspended ticket, they will tack on another one (cop requested copy of video showing her driving away). Also the notes in the file will mean she never gets that courtesy again, tow bill every time (and she should get a punch in the head as obviously she is a slow learner).

Cube van on 410 with a driveshaft bearing that sounded ready to go. Throbbing, squeaking, just generally ****** off. Driver motoring along with not a care in the world.

Cops on scanner reporting that they had pulled someone over eastbound and their colleagues couldn't find them as they were actually going westbound (kind of important to give accurate directions as a cop)

Cop at skyway bridge talking about high winds ripping the tarps off dump trucks/scrap haulers and telling dispatch is it going to end badly. About 30 minutes later a trailer blows over. Crash after crash on the skyway today.

I was going in opposite direction over the skyway after the trailer blew over, lots of people on my side slowing down to video tape the incident on their cellphones :D 🤪

Drove Barrie>queens quay>caledon>newmarket>barrie today. Not the worst but happy I don't do that often.

Dump truck ran down black creek ramp and pushed into lineup for 401 by crossing the bullnose. Dick. Cancel his D. He knew exactly what he was doing and has the wrong attitude to drive a machine that easily kills people.
Are you familiar with the ramp from 410 south to 401 east? Just about every morning, that I have to go into work, someone cuts across the bullnose and hammers the throttle to get around me, and onto the 401. As this is occurring behind me and largely in my blind spot, they're just lucky that I expect stupidity and arrogance from other drivers. Hell, it's not like I'm taking the ramp slowly or anything.

My first time venturing out and about today for work in a couple of weeks. Making left turn at rush hour in Burlington there is a long lineup of cars waiting as only 4 or 5 making it through advanced green. As I'm coming up to my turn, 3 others decide instead of waiting in line like everyone else they can cut over at the last minute to make their left turn. Car in front of me was the last to make it through the advanced green, as I'm pulling up slowly, a SUV beside me cuts across my truck and makes fast left turn in front of all the oncoming traffic.

I've been seeing this more often too. People have just run out of patience or brain cells, one of the two

When I was a teen driver in Toronto, they used to ticket the second left-turner in the intersection.

Sadly, your post could be duplicated thousands of times a day in the GTA.

On the scanner cops pulled over a lady driver with a suspended license and gave her a ticket (for driving under suspension). Left her with the car as she said someone was coming to get it. Just after cop left she drove away. Stupid twat didn't realize they had pointed a traffic camera at her. When she shows up in court to answer for the suspended ticket, they will tack on another one (cop requested copy of video showing her driving away). Also the notes in the file will mean she never gets that courtesy again, tow bill every time (and she should get a punch in the head as obviously she is a slow learner).

Cube van on 410 with a driveshaft bearing that sounded ready to go. Throbbing, squeaking, just generally ****** off. Driver motoring along with not a care in the world.
Friend of friend thing but the lady from out of town wanted to visit someone in one of the hospitals on University Ave. She's afraid of driving in the GTA so asks a friend to drive her down in her car. The substitute driver makes a wrong turn and gets pulled over and it turns out he is under suspension.

Police opt to tow and impound the vehicle. I don't know why they didn't let her take over but it didn't go that way. She has another driver (With a license) go to pick up the car, taking $500 in cash for the T&I. He hands the envelope to the impound guy behind a shield with a wide shelf and impound guys says "There's only $450 in the envelope"

Working on garage ramps I would hear cars coming from far underground with the power steering pump Screaming "Fix me, fix me".

One day I was at the bottom of a ramp and heard a crunch like a massive bad shift. Then ball bearings started rolling down the ramp. The car at the top was pigeon toed. CV Joints any one?

What are the symptoms of a failing CV joint?

These are the 5 easiest ways to identify if you have a damaged CV axle.
  1. A Tear in the Boot.
  2. Grease Found on the Inside of Your Wheels. ...
  3. Knocking Sound. ...
  4. Clicking While Turning. ...
  5. Vibration While Driving. ...
We have two options

1) Annual vehicle safety inspections

2) Driving instruction to include mechanical knowledge of critical components and for example, recognizing brake pad wear alerts means fixing the brakes, not turning up the radio.

P.S. Cube vans need annual inspections so the issuing mechanic should get a visit.

Yesterday on the way to work driving south on Hwy 12 -> 44°29'55.2"N 79°09'20.6"W · Trans-Canada Hwy, Brechin, ON L0K 1B0, Canada gravel truck going north came into my line and got my mirror:
View attachment 59686

Dashcam FTW. You can hear the hit over the music.

Dashcam? Spin around and get a plate number?

Both. Old guy who shouldn't have been driving. HRP tagged him at the Ministry of Transportation for retest and they pulled his license.

Back
Top Bottom