The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 110 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

And I would argue that if it wasn't one of those "tax collector" cars, he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

youre giving the benefit of doubt that they looked to see if there was another car.

I wonder,were there 2 people in the vehicle ?

Honda CRV hits rider

Anyone know if the rider is okay?

Warning: Don't watch if you're squimish...

[video]https://youtu.be/5lmq7-qSSLc[/video]

Re: Honda CRV hits rider

No idea, I really hope so. That was so unnecessary.

From the YouTube comments he appears to be ok

This was already posted in bad drivers of ontario thread. Mistakes by both the CRV (lazy late turn from the wrong lane) and the rider (looks to be cooking along) here.

Seen so many of these "oh wait, I want to turn here...I'll just go from whatever lane I'm in..." I figured this was going to happen one of these days. Hope the rider is ok. Had a guy in a smart car do this move to me when I was in a pickup truck... didn't even seem to care that I would have flattened him had I not been watching.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

and the rider (looks to be cooking along) here.

Wrong. Seems victim blaming continues to de rigeur here. Sad. Ignorance is bliss. Inflammatory post. No substance.

By all means look at the video. And one can deduce general rider speed with a slow motion play and estimation of time versus distance.. It isn't crazy fast, though the drama queens here are using it to stir the pot.

Last edited:

Wrong. Seems victim blaming continues to de rigeur here. Sad. Ignorance is bliss. Inflammatory post. No substance.

By all means look at the video. And one can deduct general rider speed with a slow motion play and estimation of time versus distance.. It isn't crazy, though the drama queens here are using it to stir the pot.

60-70 kph looks real fast next to a vehicle at a near stand still; that seems lost on many. That said, the right lane is dangerous times.

By all means look at the video. And one can deduct general rider speed with a slow motion play and estimation of time versus distance.. It isn't crazy, though the drama queens here are using it to stir the pot.

high speed in the right lane at an intersection clogged with cagers? not me

might look into defensive driving basics, i'll go with the experts, one of many

http://mredrivered.webstarts.com/uploads/SMITH_SYSTEM_METHODS.pdf

Last edited:

100% suv drivers fault,not at all surprised this is in peel

being 100% not at fault can be moot, if you end up maimed or dead

Ding right answer

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LOL straw man. So weak.
Seems like a pretty strong argument to not hit someone, even when you're totally in the right, and they the wrong.

I don't hit and possibly kill people doing stupid things all the time, because I don't want to wait around and then have to go get my van fixed.

I'm totally right, they're totally wrong, my insurance could sue their estate, but I don't do it.

LOL straw man. So weak.

Not at all....intersections are full of dumbass drivers. It makes sense to treat them with a bit of caution, sure you can blast through at the speed limit but if it looks like there's some congestion or the possibility of something bad happening then slowing down is a sensible thing to do.

Seems like a pretty strong argument to not hit someone, even when you're totally in the right, and they the wrong.

I don't hit and possibly kill people doing stupid things all the time, because I don't want to wait around and then have to go get my van fixed.

I'm totally right, they're totally wrong, my insurance could sue their estate, but I don't do it.

Not at all....intersections are full of dumbass drivers. It makes sense to treat them with a bit of caution, sure you can blast through at the speed limit but if it looks like there's some congestion or the possibility of something bad happening then slowing down is a sensible thing to do.

Yup, and yet it has absolutely nothing to do with pointing out that the rider wasn't a super speeder. I see that for some ignorance is not curable. It's pointless to continue when people do not understand even the basics of logical thought.

Last edited:

Yup, and yet it has absolutely nothing to do with pointing out that the rider wasn't a super speeder. I see that for some ignorance is not curable. It's pointless to continue when people do not understand even the basics of logical thought.

QED The rider wasn't in the wrong, but being right and injured isn't the same as being right, being cautious, and riding away unharmed. That's what others were saying. Comprehension is fun.

especially when your bit was all irrelevant from the get go, including missing the point,

the point is you can increase or decrease the odds of accidents and the severity, regardless of fault, by how you drive & decisions you make

defensive driving is a recognized method

just because you have a green light doesn't mean that's all that mainly maters & you are good to go - zip by in a right lane, when others going in the same direction are barely moving, just for one, when there are other easy, better safer, alternatives

there's also an overall picture that can & should always also be considered on any green and at intersections, even generally while driving

or at least that would be a 'defensive driver' way of looking at or going about it, and not many do

bikers of course in particular, mostly get hammered, whatever plays out

i didn't realize this was an already hashed out 100+ pages thread, actually retitled recently, so i don't know any of the other details, that may or may not be relevant

my comments were from the last few posts & the vid

Last edited:

There's always something that the person 100% in the right could have done different in the situation to lessen the impact. Driver was totally in the wrong. At the same time, I like to slow down when passing stopped traffic, in case someone erroneously decides, that its a good time to change lanes or make a turn.

Back
Top Bottom